Do you like Blackberry ?? Vs Iphone Vs OPO

1. sourav.patel
    Eclair Jan 23, 2015

sourav.patel , Jan 23, 2015 :
    Blackberry has come up again with two exotic models, passport & Classic. Do u see it will able to gain the upper higher mobile segment market share and will come up to the same premium level that it was enjoying some times back ?

No doubt its a great product but now it will have to compete with some premium brands in the market.
    Both these models are excellent but price range seems to be too high ( close to iphone range), may be because Blackberry want to position it close to iphone on a premium segment. But i dont think if that will work now when the brand value has started to fall. why sombody will prefer to go for a Blackberry rather than an Iphone on the same price level.

In that case also, its really strange that infant brands like OPO are gaining a strong popularity when the old premium brands are falling on their feets on this highly competitive market. Really a strong product and marketing team in Oneplus.
    And again the top to be admire factor to the marketing team of OPO is that, when in this current highly competitive mobile market where consumer is the king and are deciding what to purchase , Oneplus is deciding who to purchase ;). how long would it be possible to sustain this value ?

adm770 and M4ENY like this.
  2. siocnarf13
    Jelly Bean Jan 23, 2015

siocnarf13 , Jan 23, 2015 :
    The Blackberry passport is an AWESOME phone for business people.
    The OPO is an AWESOME phone for the price.
    The iPhone is an AWESOME phone but the price isn't

emaren, breath280 and sourav.patel like this.
  3. sourav.patel
    Eclair Jan 25, 2015

sourav.patel , Jan 25, 2015 :
    True, Iphone no doubt have a very premium looks with nice functionalities. But the price it charge is more on its brand reputation.

4. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jan 25, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Jan 25, 2015 :
    If you're a business person, GO FOR BLACKBERRY, the form is awesome though, and its overall design is awesome, the screen is crisp and clear, if I had the money and no opo I will go for it!

5. Jose987654321
    Donut Jan 25, 2015

Jose987654321 , Jan 25, 2015 :
    I enjoyed my old blackberry bold. I think rim ay be able to gain its way back if they continue to innovate.

6. venturizhou
    Honeycomb Jan 25, 2015

venturizhou , Jan 25, 2015 :
    Unless your company uses Blackberry's enterprise solutions, the idea what business people use Blackberries seems like an outdated concept. Unless your job consistently requires you to write emails on your phone there really isn't a benefit. The ecosystem also sucks really badly even with hacked Android sideloading.

sourav.patel, bellola and tyler539 like this.
  7. tyler539
    Jelly Bean Jan 25, 2015

tyler539 , Jan 25, 2015 :
    This says it all VERY well. Phone meant for business people that like the tech of yesterday.

sourav.patel likes this.
  8. Lunatasian
    KitKat Jan 25, 2015

Lunatasian , Jan 25, 2015 :
    Sorry all you BlackBerry fans, but you know as well as I do that BlackBerry is dead :(

I think Android has and will continue to change the mobile world. It's rapidly taking over and there's a good reason it is.

iPhones have great looks and feel amazing in the hand, but they cost too much for many of us and it offers very minimal customization.

9. wanycn1
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2015

sadem31 likes this.
  10. M4ENY
    KitKat Jan 25, 2015

M4ENY , Jan 25, 2015 :
    As bad as it sounds I think Blackberry will never be able to regain their former glory like the pre iPhone days.
    Why? Mass market / consumers don't see blackberry phones as a must have or the next big thing anymore. They lost the appeal and in many ways they lost any kind of unique features as well like BBM.

blackberry can try to compete by offering premium devices that run android at half or a third of the price charged by others like Samsung, LG, Sony etc.
    This is the only way they can gain market share and hopefully regain their brand power and appeal as well

11. davinche
    Froyo Jan 25, 2015

davinche , Jan 25, 2015 :
    I have a Z10 and it's great on pretty much everything... except apps! Lack of apps is the reason why I bought a OPO (still waiting for it to be shipped). The Z10 will be a solid backup phone though.

12. sourav.patel
    Eclair Jan 26, 2015

sourav.patel , Jan 26, 2015 :
    I do agree. now in all gud smart phone u have the access for business functionalities, emails , ppt etc. So its not a tag now that only Blackberrys are for business people. ya ofcourse if companies have enforced it due to manage and security.

13. sourav.patel
    Eclair Jan 26, 2015

sourav.patel , Jan 26, 2015 :
    The design ofcourse is eyecatching, both fr passport n classic. i wouldnt mind go for it but the price too much, i prefer to go for iphone if i hav to pay that much for a Blackberry.

tyler539 likes this.
  14. adm770
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2015

adm770 , Jan 26, 2015 :
    I have a Classic BB in my for business and it's great but no apps!, now it`s my backup phone...
    my main phone is OPO.
    BB is good product but android is the future...

15. sourav.patel
    Eclair Jan 27, 2015

sourav.patel , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Can anyone plz tell or idea why Blackberry is till now promoted as a business phone, what extra business feature it has that an android or OPO dont have ? am quite anxious to know. I can understand it as a business phone sometimes back due to emailing features etc but till some extra features now ?

16. vikramp
    Froyo Jan 27, 2015

vikramp , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Blackberry is a no nonsense phone. Its good for message purposes and have all the apps which are needed for enterprise. As an business user you would want to separate your personal data from work data and blackberry is good at doing that.

The main reason for blackberry's fall is everybody loves iphone and when offered a choice between iphone, balckberry and android, you are more likely to take iphone. The pricing of blackberry also is a factor. Iphones and androids are better at handling the personal side of things like photos, social media etc. So android gained market because of the pricing.

Android had never done anything different from apple for people to vote for android.

But I still believe for work (organisations with stringent data policies) blackberry is best (remember you have to remove the emotional side of it aslo). else Iphone because no one can say no to iphone when offered. I always feel android is just an answer to price.

17. emaren
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

emaren , Jan 27, 2015 :
    I was a blackberry user for many, many years.

I travelled a lot, which meant that long battery life, non-nonsense messaging, e-mail and workflow was vital.

My last BB was handed in last year and I must admit that I miss the thing.

It was utterly solid, it never crashed, never failed to work, had the absolute best grip on the network, superb voice quality and battery life was incredible (charge once a week).

The keyboard was awesome, way better than anything else I have ever used. I could thumb-type at a rate of about 40wpm, probably a lot more with abbreviations.

So, the downsides ?

I could not play flappy birds on it, it was virtually impossible to watch a movie on it and it did not even have a touch screen.

For business it was perfect.

For my personal phones I have gone back and forth between iPhone and Android. I've never owned a personal BB....

18. DanelFPS
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2015

DanelFPS , Jan 27, 2015 :
    That is not true. Many companies use blackberries cause they are more secure than Android/iOS based phones. Including many government agencies.

19. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2015

giaur500 , Jan 27, 2015 :
    Good idea is to avoid using dead platforms, like bb or symbian. Lack of apps and support is main reason.

20. prachz99
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2015

prachz99 , Jan 27, 2015 :
    The Passport is not that phone. It's something entirely new; it might make some of those loyal customers very happy while disappointing others, but it also might appeal to those who never thought they'd consider a BlackBerry again. It's a brave, imaginative device that rethinks what a smartphone should be and how it should work. Coming from a company that has spent many years in a mad blind dash to keep up with its competition, this product represents a massive change of direction.

This is BlackBerry in attack mode; finding things that its competitors cannot or will not do, leveraging its strengths in hardware and software, and exploiting the shortcomings of the homogenous rectangles that all smartphones have come to be. This is the company deliberately upsetting the status quo and giving buyers something different and potentially better to consider.

There's a lot that the Passport needs to do in order to break through, and we're going to give it a fair chance to do so.