Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2015

Jumpi1234 likes this.
  2. Dzumar1
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2015

JackScagnetti likes this.
  3. Benedikt
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2015

Benedikt , Aug 5, 2015 :
    Everbody on this forum who wants or has a OnePlus One knows what a good price-performance ratio is.
    No Apple product has a good price-performance.
    I would buy beats if they would only add 100%. But Apple adds more than 300%. Only because it is a "Beats". Owning RHA 750i for 2months, not styled for my techno-shit music but still better than Beats

4. joeyjoejoejrshabidu
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2015

joeyjoejoejrshabidu , Aug 5, 2015 :
    But sennheiser or audio technica, or a few other brands for higher quality sound and build quality with a lower price tag.

5. IlCieco
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2015

IlCieco , Aug 5, 2015 :
    I'm a sound engineer, So I tend to be choosy with headphones.
    I think that Beats are hugely overpriced. I don't like their poooor mid range response and the bumping basses sounds fake to me.
    They seem premium but they're just average.
    Personally they aren't cool neither.
    If you are looking for closed headphones, you can look at Audiotechnica, Denon, some Sennheiser and maybe Bose.
    Imho Sony is ok only if you move to €500+ models.

bigbadwolf likes this.
  6. brownboi
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2015

husssain90 likes this.
  7. husssain90
    Donut Aug 6, 2015

husssain90 , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Personally, i think for that price range, Audiotechnica or Sennheiser would provide a much better listening experience. I am also a fan of the Sony high res audio headphones. (AMAZING frequency response!)

8. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2015

9. IlCieco
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2015

IlCieco , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Basically the best thing you can do is to go to an hifi retail store with some music you really know very well and try some headphones listening to the same songs from the same audio source.
    Comparing headphones this way let you understand with your ears how different they are and which one you like the most.
    Everyone has different ears and preferences, so the best headphones for me could not be satisfying for someone else.
    When I tried Beats I suddenly felt they was changing the overall sound result too much to me. Bose do the same, but in a different more noble way. I prefer the Denon mid/high-end headphones 'cause they're not as neutral and cold as monitor-headphones are even if they treat low, mid and hi freqs in a clean, balanced manner. By the way, for home listening is better to consider open-back headphones (Grado makes great ones) instead of closed-back ones.

10. macem29
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2015

macem29 , Aug 6, 2015 :
    depends what you're after OP....if you value sound quality, don't get beats...
    if you want a fashion accessory so you look like a playa....then buy all means,
    buy those douchey things

11. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Aug 6, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Aug 6, 2015 :
    NO. Please save your money and get something better.

If you don't care about fashion trends and that your friends have beats on their heads, please heed my advice.

12. Empath
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2015

Empath , Aug 6, 2015 :
    No don't get them, I personally bought a pair of beats studios 3 years ago, and I must say, big mistake.

Jumpi1234 likes this.
  13. Jumpi1234
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2015

14. pscott37
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2015

15. sawbeeyoh
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2015

16. Kattis
    Marshmallow Aug 6, 2015

Kattis , Aug 6, 2015 :
    i have 2 pairs ..but i did not buy them... for the price there are much better headphones

17. ethanviorel
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2015

ethanviorel , Aug 6, 2015 :
    no overpriced and good for nothing , will break real quick and your money will be flushed the TOILET

18. zzjgmzz
    Froyo Aug 6, 2015

zzjgmzz , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Superlux HD668B, best headphone for the money. Around $50. Check the reviews!!
    (I have Grado rs2, Denon, Seinnheiser555, Akg240 but I still prefer the Superlux)

19. Shrapnelist
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2015

20. Inversive
    Froyo Aug 6, 2015

Inversive , Aug 6, 2015 :
    Never Beats, Audio-technica's are pretty great.

I had Razer electra's for a while before my ATH-M50's if you want something comfy and decent for midpriced gaming headphones