Do you still get official OTA updates in future, if you use the Oxygen Updater? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. shashwat0407
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

shashwat0407 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 18, 2020 :
    I used Oxygen Updater to upgrade my S/W to 10.3.1 from 10.3.0 as OnePlus did not push the updates yet. The phone with new update works just great. Now I want to understand if I would still get official updates from OnePlus?

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 18, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Feb 18, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Feb 18, 2020 :
    i still worry about it. why does oxygen updater has no change log. that bothers me

4. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2020

5. Cheongbcd
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2020

6. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2020

7. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 19, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Full file from Oneplus homepage are the same files as available via Oxygen Updater. The site is slow to update though.
    The changelog info is a local upgrade "bug" caused by all local upgrades. Has nothing to do with Oxygen Updater

8. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Feb 19, 2020

camohan , Feb 19, 2020 :
    Oxygen Updater app is not an official way to get the update. It is only a means to get the package from the server without a wait time. So it may or may not have a change log.

The purpose of releasing update in a phased manner is to ensure any potential bugs are identified within few device, instead of mass infecting the device with any possible bug by dumping update to every device at once.

To answer your questions, yes you will continue to receive future Ota.

whoisabishek and Dresa91 like this.