Do you think it's worth the price increase/Is it what you expected?

?

Is the price increase worth it?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Daniel Varga
    Eclair May 17, 2018

Daniel Varga , May 17, 2018 :
    In my case, I'm not sure yet but my first feeling is...No!
    From my point of view there are really no new features but rather I have a feeling that the phone just did what the 5/5t did in last year. They just 2018-nized the phone.
    As I see it, only design and camera ois are the new features that last year devices didn't have.
    Don't get me wrong. I still think this is a great device with a beautifull design, but...
    We got a price increase for that but here is what stayed the same:
    - screen resolution
    - battery capacity
    - no wireless charging
    - no SD card slot
    - no IP rating
    - no wired headphones included
    - no distinction from others in screen design (chin)

I am not sure that I like the price increases without introducing new features.
    I wouldn't mind if I got at least a bigger battery, or something from that list.
    What will happen to the price when they do start to incorporeate those?
    I was thinking to get one for my wife but now I have second thoughts and I'm thinking on maybe waiting to see what Lenovo will came up with (Z5) or maybe even Apple with iphone SE2.

What do you think? Do you agree with me or do you think it's worth it?

Sanjhai likes this.
  2. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat May 17, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , May 17, 2018 :
    the oneplus price threshold was passed a year ago with the 5. unless your a fan of oxygen os i suggest patience until the fall releases start; unless you can't wait and need a device right now. even by that time there will be a 6T so if you buy the 6 now, just remember the 6T is coming in 5-6 months so don't get mad if you feel you get hosed.