Do you want REFUND? Use Paypal buyer's protection!

1. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

OnePlus83 , Sep 3, 2014 :
    As we all know. OnePlus *piip*. There is no way of denying it anymore. If you happen to have defective unit, then you have entered to *piip*. Hi! Welcome!

There is no sense trying to fight with the *piip* in OnePlus and get customer service. All they do is play time. When you open a ticket, it will take ages before you even got any answer from them. When you finally do, it will be automated email, where they say they are sorry and busy and...Oh *piip* that!!! Next time they ask you to send them videos about the problem.

Let me help you out from the *piip*.

With these introductions you will get rid off this nightmare and get full refund from this company. Let the Paypal do the fighting:

1. Just go here: http://www.wikihow.com/Dispute-a-PayPal-Transaction

2. Follow the guide

3. Show OnePlus THE finger

*Only works if you used Paypal to buy your OnePlus One

EDIT: Anti-********* version

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014

samin, gremlin, irishcoffee and 3 others like this.
  2. Albastrica
    Froyo Sep 3, 2014

Albastrica , Sep 3, 2014 :
    there are many ways to say this, but your way is the wrong way.

Plus, there is no "we all know this". I love my phone and there's nothing wrong with it.

3. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

If you don't have defective unit, then what do you know about OnePlus customer service then?

BTW: I didn't say anything about the One. It's OnePlus that i'm dissapointed and yes, we all are by now.

EDIT: Anti-********* version

gremlin and rmazzara like this.
  4. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

5. itsnguser
    KitKat Sep 3, 2014

itsnguser , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I didn't have a defective unit either but I dealt with customer service once to ask a refund for additional custom costs that I was not supposed to pay. It took almost 20 days but I got my refund. I know it's not the same of a defective device but that's my experience.

Now, regarding your experience with customer support:

1) First of all, sorry to hear that. Your disappointment is totally understandable and of course you have the right to ask for a replacement/refund if you got a defective device.

2) Maybe it's just me but I think that every issue like this should be managed with a bit of common sense and good manners. That's why I kindly ask you to edit your comments and rephrase them using, let's say, different words.

Acting like a ********* will not solve your problem and other users' either. Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

PLPeeters, OnePlus83 and drmartin like this.
  6. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

I know, that only with the help from Paypal i get this problem solved. I also did some editing as you kindly asked.

gremlin likes this.
  7. itsnguser
    KitKat Sep 3, 2014

itsnguser , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Thanks a lot. I hope your issue gets solved as soon as possible.

Also, I think that everybody would be glad to know how this will end so feel free to keep us posted.

Have a nice day.

OnePlus83 and drmartin like this.
  8. Albastrica
    Froyo Sep 3, 2014

Albastrica , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I made a ticket and it got solved. It wasn't solved instantly, it got solved within 5 days. No disappointment there though. It's this thing "we all are, we all know" that "disappoints" me.

drmartin likes this.
  9. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

If i may ask, what was your ticket about? This thread is about RMA and how to get your money refund with the help from Paypal. This is 'cause...hey, c'mon you've seen how RMA is handeld by OnePlus.

There will be new OnePlus phone released, before people get their RMA worked out with this company.

Isn't it funny, that after Paypal comes to play the game, suddenly things start to happen in OnePlus end? Weird, huh?

10. irishcoffee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2014

irishcoffee , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I'll keep this in mind. Crossing my fingers that my phone arrives unused and free from defects.

gremlin and OnePlus83 like this.
  11. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

12. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

gremlin likes this.
  13. mmatsumura
    Donut Sep 3, 2014

mmatsumura , Sep 3, 2014 :
    I agree with the person who started this thread. I received my defective One on 31 July 2014. That same day, I followed the FAQ for defective products and submitted the required ticket. See http://oneplus.net/support#search~defective

Instead of issuing the RMA number which OnePlus requires for returns / replacements, they suggested various software resets / operating system reinstalls for a hardware issue. Each time, they're suggestions failed to resolve the hardware problem.

On 25 Aug, I submitted a PayPal claim. PayPal gave them 10 days to respond. On 29 Aug, OnePlus supported responded by informing me that I had to complete an RMA request form using the link they forwarded to me. I submitted the new RMA request.

Today, OnePlus instructed me to return the defective unit BUT failed to provide the RMA authorization; it still shows as "Pending approval." I replied again that I still need the RMA for return / exchange. I replied to cust support and indicated that IF they were to comply with the defective unit exchange policy, I would cancel the PayPal claim.

I am still waiting for RMA approval. I expect to wait another week before they even look at my reply, as they average 7-10 days between replies (four replies in five weeks).

xbenbox and rmazzara like this.
  14. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Yeah well I'm the sorry guy who now most likely will have to go through the same excruciating RMA process that everybody else here is talking about, and i don't even have the money to buy another phone :( So with a first reply like what I quoted in the above link, one can only guess how long I'll be waiting to get this issue resolved one way or another :(

Man this is horrible, I'm so sorry to hear about your issues.
    I just opened a case/dispute via Paypal directly, since I'm absolutely convinced that OnePlus support team will try to pass me back and forth like they do with everyone else, I chose to contact Paypal directly now. I have no hopes of getting a replacement anytime soon, I'm not even sure I would get a replacement even if I chose to go down that route, I'm afraid they would just crack the whole DOA unit I send them up and make some soldering and send it back to me.....that is NOT to me a new issue-free smartphone anymore, so I don't trust this customer support anymore when they ask me to pay them EUR 147 for repairing a DOA unit....they can keep their precious phones and invites, I'll go with a more reliable company. With this kinda customer service OnePlus will NOT survive the competition. They have no idea what customer relations mean.....hope things work out for you mate.

15. ChelseaDuck
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

ChelseaDuck , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Hey, buying this phone you decided to go with a NEW company that now is focusing on the release to the public of the device. With each NEW company might be issues at the start and EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!
    Let's suppose that you have bought a samsung/nokia/or whatever phone from a shop.
    Your device has broken down and you sent it to assistance. They will take about a month to give you back a 'working' phone back (my friend sent three times his phone to assistance, spent about 3 months and it was of a famous mark).
    I do not think there is a huge difference with oneplus times.

Albastrica likes this.
  16. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 3, 2014 :
    You're so wrong.
    1. I'm not buying this phone from a reseller's store. I bought it directly from the company itself.
    2. New company should mean impeccable customer service to avoid unsatisfied customers.
    3. Comparing other bad support experiences with other companies does not make this right.
    4. I paid as much as anyone else with a good phone. OnePlus should try their BEST to make me as happy as every other customer, don't you think so?

samin, musicmadmac, xyclops1 and 3 others like this.
  17. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

OnePlus83 , Sep 4, 2014 :
    You know what? You are simply wrong. OnePlus shouldn't try to avoid their resbonsibility or asking money from the customer. We are talking about a really bad customer service here.

Edit:
    I have two different tickets going on with OnePlus.

First i opened a ticket for faulty micro-usb port
    Then day after i opened second ticket about faulty screen. I've now got automated email FIRST for the faulty screen ticket and THREE days later for the faulty usb ticket. These guys at OnePlus don't even have anykind of order how they answer on these tickets. As you can see all the answers are just automated and don't do anything more than play time.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

Naquadah likes this.
  18. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

Ten days time for OnePlus to make their move in my case.

I had to escalate my Paypal dispute to Claim, 'cause i had no answer from OnePlus.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

19. OnePlus83
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

Wow! Update!

After i had escalated my case to claim, suddenly OnePlus was interested about my case and i had an email from IVAN, who asked a video of my problem with the phone. (Yeah, suprise suprise)

20. fishmd
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

fishmd , Sep 4, 2014 :
    I will say this for them. You CAN avoid all the stupid waste of time and back and forth initial stuff if you submit pictures or a video with your initial ticket. They do look at it.

When I submitted mine, I did so with a link to a video I took showing the problem. Their first response back to me (after 6 days) was to say sorry for the incontinence AND gave me the RMA approval right away. No try this and that nonsense. (Now of course I am still awaiting approval on the RMA). But hopefully that will save some time. We'll see.