[Documentary] “The Second Album” - The Untold Story Behind the OnePlus 2 Launch

1. Bradon H Honeycomb Jun 3, 2016

Bradon H, Jun 3, 2016 :
    Documentary_forum_780x400-copy.png

Friends,

In 11 short days, we’ll open the doors to the Loop and launch our next flagship device: the OnePlus 3. We’re incredibly excited about the future, but it’s sometimes useful to look to the past. Back in July of last year, we were busy launching the OnePlus 2, and expectations for our “second album” were immense. Everyone was wondering if the OnePlus One was a fluke. Was OnePlus just a one-trick pony? All of this made the launch of the OnePlus 2 an exciting (but nerve-racking) experience for all of us.

With the OnePlus 2 launch, we approached things differently. Our goal was never to just “sell” a product to you; we wanted to launch the OnePlus 2 with you. The way we see it, you guys help guide everything that we do, and we’re all in this together. That’s what OnePlus means to us: it’s not just about building great products, it’s also about creating a better way of doing things. Hand-in-hand with the community.

So, what went into making the OnePlus 2 happen? Well, a lot. And of course not everything went exactly as planned. Now, we’d like to give you guys a behind-the-scenes look at how it all went down. To help tell the full story, we’re releasing this short documentary chronicling the experience. We hope you enjoy it.

It’s just as much yours as it is ours.

Never Settle.

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 3, 2016

camohan, Jun 3, 2016 :
    Awesome..!! Thanks for the update[​IMG]
    Edit : I just completed watching this video. I am so excited for how the OP3 shapes up.
    If you wanna do something different , there is no age, no qualification requirement its just your will and hardwork. That is what I am taking from this video.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016

3. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2016

superplus, Jun 3, 2016 :
    wow, really looking forward to it! :D so excited :cool:

thanks for sharing this amazing footage with us! it's definitely part of what makes OnePlus awesome as far as I'm concerned! haha I remember that "we're not homeless" box from the London OP2 pop up event :p will have to watch in full when I'm not in the office *oops* ;-p

onwards and upwards! space is the final frontier! and thanks again for keeping us all in the Loop :D even if many of us (including me) didn't manage to get their hands on one... ^^

CJT80, WorD.0, lolreppeatlol and 14 others like this.
  4. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Jun 3, 2016

5. luxuskamel KitKat Jun 3, 2016

6. Wahoux KitKat Jun 3, 2016

7. Faktzi Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2016

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016

keithnyc and Nise like this.
  8. aaron.hossain75 KitKat Jun 3, 2016

@$#w!π and Nise like this.
  9. Tanveer_1996 Froyo Jun 3, 2016

10. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2016

youbi, Jun 3, 2016 :
    Nice. :)

Will see it after lunch. :)

Edit:

Just finished watching. :hearteyes: Damn, I was hoping for something good, but not this amazing. Great work everyone, I bet it may have even cause some tears there at Shenzhen. :sweatsmile:

It was a great idea and a way to show the more human side of the Oneplus staff. Loved the part were @Carl , @David S., @Bradon H were stuck in a small room trying to see the vr presentation and just had crapy internet and no VR sets. :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

BTW, who are the fans that appear on the video? If you are there please identify you self here. :p :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016

11. noquarter French POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2016

JelleZon, keithnyc, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  12. uday344 Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

uday344, Jun 3, 2016 :
    Well,
    Documentary about development of Marshmallow will be welcomed..!! ;)

jansvanda, Kaaylim, Mr. Pro and 2 others like this.
  13. Sera69 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2016

CJT80 and Nise like this.
  14. risky1301 KitKat Jun 3, 2016

keithnyc and Nise like this.
  15. Aiik Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2016

Aiik, Jun 3, 2016 :
    I literally had goosebumps while watching this documentary. Awesome footage!

16. luxuskamel KitKat Jun 3, 2016

keithnyc and Adam Krisko like this.
  17. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 3, 2016

pablofg1978, Jun 3, 2016 :
    Awesome! I really enjoyed the last launch experience and I can't wait for the Loop!

OALEXANDER, keithnyc, Nise and 4 others like this.
  18. AntMunny Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2016

19. Sinjan22 Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

Sinjan22, Jun 3, 2016 :
    This is OnePlus! :) The HYPE is real.

Ceasedd, keithnyc, Nise and 2 others like this.
  20. LightningXIII KitKat Community Expert Jun 3, 2016

LightningXIII, Jun 3, 2016 :
    This brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing to see Oneplus from the other angle as in; not from the view of a fan. It is amazing to see the staff members in this even I know them from the forum. To actually get a chance to see you guys work hard for this company and see how you guys responded to everything is epic!

thanks for making this possible and for giving the fans a chance to see it from the other side! :)

21. aaron.hossain75 KitKat Jun 3, 2016

aaron.hossain75, Jun 3, 2016 :
    They have won our hearts mission accomplished ! :p