Does anyone else have issues with the official OPO case fitting?

1. ITS_NOM
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

ITS_NOM , Jul 28, 2014 :
    As the title reads.

Received my OPO on Friday and I am loving it so far. Ordered with a green case because that was all that was left in stock. When I pop the case on, it seems a tad bit too small for the phone and one of the corners ends up slightly sticking out of the case. It's not really noticeable, but it does bother me a bit that it doesn't quite 'snap' into the case, and in fact you can push on it and it will rebound back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In my case it's on the bottom right corner. Notice how on the top both of the sides manage to sit inside of the case.

EDIT: Submitted ticket. Will see what Oneplus says.
    Will update thread as necessary. Seems like an easy QC issue with their cases.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014

2. Elas
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2014

Elas , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I have no idea because i don't have an OPO
    but saw the problem you should make a support ticket maybe?

3. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2014

mahvi , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I'm sorry your case doesn't fit well. It would bother me a lot as well. I would contact support like the person above me said.

It's why I went the cheap route of a third party case. If it doesn't fit well, I won't really feel much remorse over a few dollars.

brittonraya likes this.
  4. omarvel0us
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

5. Ryan
    KitKat Jul 28, 2014

Ryan , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I'd contact support... If thats how the case is supposed to be then that is pretty pointless... Looks like the phone is just gonna fall out of it.

mahvi and ITS_NOM like this.
  6. zhaogeorge3
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2014

7. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2014

brittonraya , Jul 28, 2014 :
    My case cost me 10 bucks. Fits like a glove

ITS_NOM and mahvi like this.
  8. ITS_NOM
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

ITS_NOM , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Ok good to know. I'll give support a ring and see what they say. I just hope it's not a long process to replace the case.

Ryan and zhaogeorge3 like this.
  9. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Jul 28, 2014

sleepdragonone , Jul 28, 2014 :
    you're probably the first one encountering such issue, tell op to send you a new phone that fits the casing.

A Fat Duck and ITS_NOM like this.
  10. fucyou
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

fucyou , Jul 28, 2014 :
    nice to know that at least not all are bad

omarvel0us likes this.
  11. fucyou
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

fucyou , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I am sorry when I did not ordered the case when I ordered the phone. now if I want the case I have to pay for shipping.

12. ITS_NOM
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

ITS_NOM , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Well you could buy a non-official case off of eBay with free shipping

brittonraya likes this.
  13. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 28, 2014

brittonraya , Jul 28, 2014 :
    They usually come with free screen protectors too. :)

14. fucyou
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

fucyou , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I did not think of that. I did not think there would be non-official case available because the phone is new released. good idea.

15. garygary52
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

garygary52 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Well you know, cases these days could be out in the wild way before the phone is released.

16. jsalter
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

jsalter , Jul 28, 2014 :
    In general this is not a great fitting case. I have the white one, and have a friend that has the green one. IMO its just not a good design, it doesn't have that "snap" feeling you mention. The white finish is already shipping off on the corners from being streched during on/off process.

Upon handing the OPO to another friend, his first comment was "dude u need a new case, this one is crap"

I love my OPO but will DEF be going to another case soon. Poor fit and next to no protection.

ITS_NOM likes this.
  17. harrop.ch
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2014

harrop.ch , Oct 15, 2014 :
    So my Green OP Official case didn't fit and I filed a support ticket and the OP team were quick to get in touch, offering a replacement.

Since then it looks like they are out of stock so have been offered other colours or a refund.

Service to me is far better than reports on the forums - pretty impressive from the Startup.

18. MikioStarA
    Donut Oct 24, 2014

MikioStarA , Oct 24, 2014 :
    I just got mine and I also had the green case and it's exactly the same thing...I will submit a ticket. How long did it take for them to respond to you? Thanks!

19. harrop.ch
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2014

harrop.ch , Oct 26, 2014 :
    A couple of days to resolve. Just include photos for proof and, as always, have patience

20. MikioStarA
    Donut Nov 9, 2014

MikioStarA , Nov 9, 2014 :
    Thanks @harrop.ch
    I still haven't heard back :( but I saw someone else's review on here about cases and decided to get the diztronic case and i love it!