Does anyone face wifi issue in the latest update 10.3.5? via OnePlus 6T

1. arunksofficial
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

CFAO, G_Aditya_Saxena_MfCm and yoadla like this.
  2. SanderBos
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

3. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 11, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Reset your WiFi adapter, see if that helps.

Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

Also disable Sleep Standby in
    Settings > Battery>Battery Optimisation >3 dot menu>Advanced Optimisation

See if that helps as well.

If your router is capable of 2.4ghz and 5ghz make sure the SSID Name for each is different, you can edit the SSID Name on the Router Admin page.

Also check your router broadcast channels for interference, change them to other channels if you find a nearby router broadcasting on the same channel as yours.

Use a WiFi analyzer to check.

I use this one from the Playstore to check for nearby routers using the same channel as me, and I switch my channel on the router to suit.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer

How To Fix Common Wi-Fi Problems In Android

https://www.techjunkie.com/fix-wi-fi-problem-android/

Also a suggestion here for 8 Series but some of the suggestions may crossover to 6 series and others.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/my-findings-of-the-5-ghz-wifi-connection-issue.1221263/

SanderBos and arunksofficial like this.
  4. yoadla
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

yoadla , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I have the exact same issue (Op6).
    I tried wiping cache but that did not yield any result. If I reset the connection everything works fine, a few hours later it will become unusably slow and I will have to reset it again...

Caomhin and arunksofficial like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 12, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Have you checked the suggestions, there are many, in the post above yours. Also the links to other troubleshooting areas.

6. SanderBos
    Froyo Aug 19, 2020

SanderBos , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Thank you for your response. One of the steps you mentioned (resetting all mobile settings) appeared to have worked for me (I have waited a while with this reply, to see whether the problem did not come back).

For others: I have also seen other replies that this did not work for them, but for me it worked. Also be aware that it really removes all known Wifi networks and bluetooth devices. I thought the Wifi networks were stored in the cloud but they are not, and I thought I would be clever by keeping the QR codes of them, but you can only use them if you are close to those networks when you use the QR code. In other words, it worked but it was and continues to be a pain that I had to do this.

Caomhin likes this.
  7. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 19, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 19, 2020 :
    No it resets the whole lot, Bluetooth, Mobile Network and WiFi. Its they way OnePlus have it at the moment. But I read somewhere that may change in Android 11 and they might separate them out. But whether it will be implemented on a device level is another question.