Does anyone have any ways to make earphones louder?

1. amoghkulkarni
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2015

amoghkulkarni , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Did you develop the "I'm feeling lucky" feature on Google search ? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

sidlittlefield likes this.
  2. The Timmy
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

The Timmy , Apr 22, 2015 :
    did you check your phone settings/device/sound/volumes already? there are a couple of check boxes, one of them being "safe headset volume" or something, where it limits the headphone output.

external headphone amplifiers are nice, but shouldn't be the solution for casual uses..

[​IMG]

3. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Apr 22, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Apr 22, 2015 :
    Sure they should. Especially if you're an audiophile. Nothing wrong with using an active preamp, even for "casual uses"

The picture you included is a homemade preamp, look at it, its not meant for professional use (if it were, it would look more like a commercial product and less like you found it on Etsy).

Its simple, you wanna boost your dB or add some warmth to a cold dark mix? Then using an active preamp is the best way to go.

4. The Timmy
    Froyo Apr 22, 2015

The Timmy , Apr 22, 2015 :
    it seems we have very different definitions of what casual use is.

I was thinking more along the lines of drowning out the environmental noise on a bus or while mowing the lawn-- not the best situations where one who is conserned about wide dynamic range of frequency and amplitude while also preserving the accuracy of the audio reproduction.

--not that you should be to benefit from the use of a headphone amp. I just don't really think putting a care into your listening experience beyond "can I hear this" and "does it sound better than not listening to it" should qualify as casual. not when you start to go out of your way to Taylor the sound more than the options provided stock with the equipment that you are using.

if audio quality/accuracy is a priority, the One is the wrong device to be using for storage and playback, especially if your source is a compressed file or online stream.
    [I am aware of free lossless audio codec, but unless it already a popular and widely available choice on the Internet's most used services, it doesn't matter, and wouldn't make much difference to the argument when the quality of the audio portion of the One's design and build still has an effect on what gets pumped through the headphones.]

that said, my point still stands. rephrased to be more clear:
    if you just want to casually use/listen to headphones, you should not require a headphone amplifier to accomplish this task.

more specifically and relevant to the topic:
    the One should be well capable of sufficiently driving most consumer headphones as needed. as previously stated, check your settings and app performance before suspecting the One to be at fault here.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

5. brian2012
    Froyo Apr 23, 2015

brian2012 , Apr 23, 2015 :
    I use the Amazon Prime music app which sucks because I don't seem to be able to use any other third party apps such as an equalizer for example.

6. hellboy05
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2015

hellboy05 , Apr 23, 2015 :
    Restart your opo then test it with audio fx