Does anyone know why 6T can't use Google Daydream VR?

1. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair May 16, 2019

TypewriterChaos , May 16, 2019 :
    I know OnePlus cuts cost on things like IP water resistance ratings, but is this also a corner they cut? I feel like in this case, users coming from a Pixel 1, for instance, are... Settling.

2. ngydat
    Lollipop May 16, 2019

Artemus likes this.
  3. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair May 16, 2019

TypewriterChaos , May 16, 2019 :
    I mean, I'm a fairly techy guy, so I understand what a good portion of that means, and I don't see any immediate showstopper listed, though I'm not a developer, so some of that I'd have to make educated guesses on.

I think my point is the 6T is a very capable device. So I can't help but think this is a certification issue and not some deficiency of its hardware performance.

4. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2019

5. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2019

dedebe and TypewriterChaos like this.
  6. TypewriterChaos
    Eclair May 18, 2019

TypewriterChaos , May 18, 2019 :
    I had a feeling it was Possible but I haven't touched rooting since I first got my 6P. My device isn't yet paid off, but I have converted to the global rom. I don't know know if recent rooting methods even need to have the bootloader unlocked, but I sure would like this feature ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. dedebe
    Cupcake May 28, 2019

dedebe , May 28, 2019 :
    Hi @Dark_Matrix_Guru and thank you very much for the promising images!
    Can you provide a link to an instruction for the needed workaround?
    The instructions for the OnePlus3 does not apply to OnePlus7 Pro in the point where you have to edit the xml-file "handheld_core_hardware.xml", because this file do not exists in the stated path. Has there change something?

Thank you in advice

G_Nikhil_Sharma_CMoJ likes this.