Does anyone own an OPPO R7 Plus?

1. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2015

ItsBrock , Sep 13, 2015 :
    Interested to hear your thoughts on it and if it's worth the money(as opposed to a OPT).

johnneyhuang and evilone like this.
  2. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Sep 13, 2015

pgidia and HR_777 like this.
  3. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2015

4. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Sep 13, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 13, 2015 :
    'Stralia, but nope no experience with it. Looks nice and all but as @HR_777 said, 615.

Gonzo01 and HR_777 like this.
  5. arof
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2015

6. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Sep 13, 2015

7. shangbot
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2015

shangbot , Oct 8, 2015 :
    I've had my R7 plus since July, and I love it! The build quality is amazing and the battery life is insane. It usually lasts 2 days on a single charge with moderate to heavy usage (minus gaming). I myself don't play too many games and I never use NFC, so the only two drawbacks are non-existent for me. Actually, I think the Snapdragon 615 can handle gaming decently well, but I wouldn't know for sure. Another thing that people don't like is the fact that it's only a full HD screen, but I honestly can't tell the difference between full HD and quad HD; 386 ppi seems like enough for me. If you don't mind having a Snapdragon 615 phone in 2015 and don't use NFC, then there's nothing bad I can say about the phone. If you value battery life, build quality, and a 6" screen for media consumption, then I highly recommend it.

Oh, but ColorOS sucks balls. Some tweaking and a custom launcher hides most of it, though.

8. Robson
    KitKat Oct 8, 2015

Robson , Oct 8, 2015 :
    Hows the software updates theese days?
    Oppo left the find 5 to die without a stable rom

BassVity likes this.
  9. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2015

BassVity , Oct 8, 2015 :
    615 processor for a $450 phone is waaaaaaay too much. My friend's Yu Yureka Plus has a 615 and cost him around $150 converted from Indian Currency. Heck you get 808 and 810 in that price. The R7 lite is worth a look though.
    EDIT- Checked out the review and it seems to be a decent phone.

10. avsroy
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2015

avsroy , Oct 8, 2015 :
    I have it for 2 weeks now. I am an OPO user and was looking at OP2 but gave up on OP2 owing to the negative reviews on battery life ... and OS related glitches ... Back to the R7+, yes it is very expensive for a 615 model, however, the build quality is exquisite and the battery life is just outstanding - almost as good as the Mate2 4G - which is my benchmark for battery life. The size of the phone is similar to iP6+ but the R7+ has a 6 inch screen! The call quality on ear and speaker is very good. The AMOLED screen is very clear even in bright sunlight. It comes with a Vooc charger in the box for high speed charging. In summary, I am very happy with my choice.

11. biker7288
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2015

12. shangbot
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

shangbot , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Eh, they pushed out a software update with some bug fixes, but nothing too special. I don't know if they'll keep regularly updating. The R7 and R7 Plus seem to be the center of Oppo's attention, so my guess is that a more frequent update schedule could be expected. However, some people have have issues with rooted device and the new update, so I myself haven't installed it. As for stability, I can say that ColorOS is pretty reliable. It's ugly and another Chinese OEM iOS knockoff, but I haven't had any crashes or anything like that in the three months I've had this phone. The good news is that Cyanogenmod will be available for the R7 Plus in the near future (not sure how long that will be, but it was officially announced recently).

13. Slatter191
    Lollipop Oct 9, 2015

Slatter191 , Oct 9, 2015 :

I saw it yesterday, a friend using it. It awesome 32 GB storage plus SD. Running Color ROM, great cam, 3GB RAM only the size is slightly bigger probably 5.7". But to sum a great phone if I hadnt had 2 OPOs would have got it. OPT is no match, R7 Plus is bug free.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

14. evilone
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2015

evilone , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Yes I own one and I can tell you it's a really good phone. even though it's just a Snapdragon 615 it performs really good and the amoled screen is clear and have good contrast. the fingerpring reader is fast and accurate and the battery performance is good (2 days one a charge). the fastcharge is also amazing
    and yes, I bought that one and not the OP2

15. v1rk
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2015

v1rk , Oct 9, 2015 :
    The 615 chip is good its in a lot of mid ranged phones

16. johnneyhuang
    Eclair Oct 9, 2015

17. francesco.pascolini
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2015