Sound Does aptX HD work on your OnePlus?

?

Does aptX HD work on your OnePlus?

1. Yes, my device is streaming using the "Qualcomm aptX HD audio" profile.

22.2%
  2. No, my device is streaming using the regular "Qualcomm aptX audio" profile.

77.8%
  1. L.Rawlins
    Donut Jun 29, 2018

L.Rawlins , Jun 29, 2018 :
    Hi.

A quick search of the forums seems to suggest that this isn't an isolated issue with the OnePlus 6, and may extend to older devices as well. May I ask those of you who use Bluetooth headphones with known aptX HD support to honestly answer the poll question.

You can determine the codec in use by going into the Bluetooth settings of your connected headphones. Pay close attention to the wording. If it looks as follows - you're not using aptX HD on your compliant headset:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14daiFz6FvSHfKW5NTqfAxf1HYfgFsWsI

The two aptX codecs are actually listed within the phone as:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-sd3uNoOJpfKwJCnu59vw_YRNfMLh1mi

Thanks for your feedback on this matter. I hope that with enough community participation the codec issue can be worked out.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018

ksahnan likes this.
  2. PiotrJJ
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2018

PiotrJJ , Dec 31, 2018 :
    It took me some time to figure it out, but I managed to make my OP6 stream audio to Sony WH-1000mx2 headphones using aptX HD codec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How-to and some caveats:

• In the Sony Headphones app, 'Sound Quality Mode' needs to be set for 'Priority on Sound Quality' (otherwise, the app will default to SBC codec).
    • Connect the headphones. Both the phone (under Bluetooth & device connection) and Sony Headphones app will show LDAC codec in use.
    • Go to Settings/Developer Options and select 'aptX™ HD audio' under 'Bluetooth Audio Codec'.
    • The codec in use should change instantly and you should see aptX HD logo at the bottom of the screen.

• Enjoy the highest available audio quality streamed to your headphones :)

• Unfortunately, I need to repeat the steps above every time I connect WH-1000MX2 to OP6.

3. fommuz
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2018

fommuz , Dec 31, 2018 :
    I am using a Bowers & Wilkins PX Headset and it's working properly without configuring something:

1546251573145.jpg

PiotrJJ likes this.