does GPS problems fixed at 9.0.4

1. MJK1314
    Donut Apr 11, 2019

2. borft
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2019

borft , Apr 11, 2019 :
    what problems bare you referring to? I'm not experiencing any. can you be more specific?

Jacek Pecka likes this.
  3. bosstjan
    Donut Jul 16, 2019

bosstjan , Jul 16, 2019 :
    There are still problems with 3T, so I believe it is not fixed yet also for your phone :(

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Waveform Modifier , Jul 16, 2019 :
    What problem? I don't have GPS problem. If your device is having issue, first verify if your location is in contact with a minimum of 3 GPS satellites. If not, you are in a poor reception area or something is blocking 1 or more satellites. If you aren't getting any reception at all, than you will need to contact OnePlus support as this will be a hardware issue and no one here can help you either way.

Generally, I would say 90% of the time, GPS issue can't be fix with software.

5. bosstjan
    Donut Jul 16, 2019

Issue after OX upgrade to 9.0.3 (Pie, still persist after update to 9.0.4): GPS not able to get current location, i.e. in gMaps. If I somehow do get a signal and location, I loose it almost instantly.

And believe me, I've tested it because I was traveling around. Also wiped cache (in recovery mode) etc. Everything worked great in Oreo until I upgraded to Pie (OTA, locked bootloader etc. - nothing custom, always just upgrades from OnePlus).

If you google it, you'll find lots of users with the same bug.

6. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

I don't have any of that issue. Still sound like you aren't getting sufficient GPS triangulation.

7. samikojo
    Froyo Jul 16, 2019

samikojo , Jul 16, 2019 :
    I have also been traveling a lot lately and no issue with gps (current os version 9.0.6 and haven't had problems with earlier pie versions either). You can use an app called GPS Status to test if your phone sees GPS satellites and can get a proper fix.

8. bosstjan
    Donut Jul 16, 2019

Well, I couldn't get a signal on a sunny day out in the open. And everything was working fine on Android Oreo, before the update.

9. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

Don't know what to say. I can't really see there is anyone here can really help you "fix" it. Your best bet is to test your GPS antenna if it is still operational, if not, than it's an hardware issue. If it is functional, do what I have said before and to test if you have a minimum 3 satellite signals on your phone (there are apps for that). Further than that, there isn't much else the user community can help you with.

10. bosstjan
    Donut Jul 16, 2019

Waveform Modifier

Don't know what to say. I can't really see there is anyone here can really help you "fix" it. Your best bet is to test your GPS antenna if it is still operational, if not, than it's an hardware issue. If it is functional, do what I have said before and to test if you have a minimum 3 satellite signals on your phone (there are apps for that). Further than that, there isn't much else the user community can help you with.​

I've tested it with GPS Status app and I get signal and location, but soon loose it. After a while I get position again and loose it again. And it goes on and on like this.

11. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2019

I think at this point, you will be better served contacting OnePlus. There isn't much anyone on this forum can do for you.