Does Oneplus 8t has Google's dialer app? via OnePlus Nord

1. pratul1994
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2020

LeptitLoS likes this.
  2. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Oct 15, 2020

pablofg1978, Gravey6, Dresa91 and 4 others like this.

4. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2020

HarshKK14 , Oct 15, 2020 :
    One sincere request, please don't change OnePlus's dialer and messages app on the older models. Don't change them to Google's. Atleast I will be happily using my phone for another 2 yrs if Google's apps aren't there.

LeptitLoS and Pinky02 like this.
  5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Oct 15, 2020 :
    In theory... They can't. Or atleast I have never seen it happen on any other phone. So I'm pretty sure it will continue with Oneplus phone and messeses on all devices that has that as stock communication suite.

Gravey6, Dresa91, Tokolozi and 2 others like this.
  6. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2020

HarshKK14 , Oct 15, 2020 :
    What a relief

Pinky02 likes this.

Auristic, Dresa91 and Tokolozi like this.
  8. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2020

Dresa91, Auristic and Swejuggalo like this.
  9. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

swapnilshahh , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 15, 2020 :
    Why? I dont know about others but i really prefer oneplus comm apps then Google's stock one.
    A sincere request atleast please make oneplus comm apps available in playstore to download. So that we can use that one.

I already posted this request at time of nord. Again posting it for 8T. Please make it available for download from playstore if its compulsory to add Google's stock comm apps.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  10. Auristic
    KitKat Oct 15, 2020

Auristic , Oct 15, 2020 :
    And here we go again...

Dresa91 and Tokolozi like this.
  11. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

swapnilshahh , Oct 15, 2020 :
    Don't just focus on one thing.
    Please read my whole post, I really like oneplus comm apps instead of googles. Also I am not asking for any updates or sort of thing. It's a request to add apps in playstore. Which is practically possible and not require much efforts.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  12. Auristic
    KitKat Oct 15, 2020

That's what I read. I'd rather see OP devs not trying to reinvent the wheel and focus on more useful matters than please a region where people love illegaly record every conversation without any consent from the other side...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020

pablofg1978, Dresa91 and Tokolozi like this.
  13. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

Why in the world would you ASSUME that I requested oneplus dialer app just for the recording feature? I don't even use that feature.
    I prefer using oneplus message apps because of the automatic classification of messages and visual cards, which google dont have.
    Also prefer using oneplus dialer because of simple UI in speed dials and the look and feel which matches with oxygen OS. Plus oneplus phone should have all oneplus comm apps instead of google's.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  14. Auristic
    KitKat Oct 15, 2020

Then I hope one day you'll get what you didn't pay for (OP said from day 1 that Nord (and 8T) would use Google's ecosystem).
    I'm more interested about UI dev and regarding the size of OP dev team I'm happy they don't work on useless features made (better) by othe bigger dev teams...

15. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

Stupidest reason ever herd.
    So then according to you oneplus should also use googles photo app and file manager instead of their own gallery and file manager app. OR why are they launching their new phones with oneplus brands? As they could partner with google and launch their phones under googles name as google is way bigger than oneplus.

The UI development which they are copying from samsung. Yes they should focus more on that.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  16. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator Oct 15, 2020

17. Tokolozi
    Nougat Oct 15, 2020

Tokolozi , Oct 15, 2020 :
    Perfect, wouldn't want it any other way.

Gravey6, Auristic and Dresa91 like this.
  18. Auristic
    KitKat Oct 15, 2020

Your point of view. Mine is OP apps are crap and Google Photos/file manager... are better.

Hardware: that's all OP are good at (at least until 8 Pro, 8T being a cheap version of 8 Pro).

Too expensive for OP and useless for Google (Pixel line) ATM but maybe one day we'll see an OP device (HW) with Google software... That's all I hope for OP.

Precisely (to avoid this kind of mistake of going away from stock to please one region delighted with bloatware...)

Tokolozi likes this.
  19. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

So that is what i am trying to say. You like google apps, I like oneplus apps.
    And all i want is if i am buying oneplus phone than it should come with oneplus apps and not googles.

LeptitLoS likes this.
  20. swapnilshahh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2020

And if its compulsory to add google apps then atleast provide oneplus app apks so we can enjoy oneplus apps. Not every one wants google apps

LeptitLoS likes this.