Does OnePlus allows Community to Volunteer at the Launch Events?

?

Does OnePlus allow?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. AyushKumarAK
    Froyo Feb 23, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hi OnePlus,

I got a chance to attend #ANewEra held in New Delhi on 26 September & loved that event.
    I just want to attend every OnePlus launch event that is going to be in New Delhi & that's for sure.

Can you guys help me if OnePlus allows Student Community members to Volunteer at the Launch Event & they get rewards or goodies too?
    Because I would really love Volunteering & helping out OnePlus in the event.Moreover I will get to meet @Carl & @Pete...What's better than that?

Please give your thoughts upon it.

Thanks,
    Ayush.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 23, 2020

camohan , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hi there, every one is allowed to participate in oneplus launch events by way of buying tickets.
    The event must be organized by event Management team and they don't require forum members, users, buyers to volunteer.

Do you have any additional questions?

3. AyushKumarAK
    Froyo Feb 24, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I was just curious if I as a Community Member can help OnePlus in volunteering & helping out at the Launch Event as I really would love to.
    I guess I read somewhere in the Community about that those who volunteer would receive perks,Community Points & some other benefits.

Anyways,Thanks for your help.I guess I would Email once again to be sure if I can do so before a Launch Event taking place in New Delhi.

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 25, 2020

YRJ , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Indeed that's true. You might have read that on the "User ladder thread" or how to earn trophy points in one of the raffle threads.

Short answer, Yes.

However, other regions have a dedicated thread before the launch where users are selected to volunteer at launch events. I haven't seen anything like that in India, yet. Maybe there will be something in the future?

@Joel Jacob can you think about something like this for a future launch?

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 25, 2020

dsmonteiro , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Some users have been invited to help out in events in specific events, but these are usually users that are helping OnePlus one way or the other. They usually don't get Community points or extra perks for it.

Event attendees already get a few freebies, anyway. The event days are a bit chaotic, so it's hard for a company like OnePlus to accept volunteers with whom it has no prior experience. Still, I think the best experience is to attend the event, not volunteer.

I wasn't even able to appreciate the great food at the last event.

6. AyushKumarAK
    Froyo Feb 26, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Hi,

Thanks for your opinion.I guess I got it now.

But still I would be asking OnePlus if they can allow me to Volunteer there,maybe

7. kiratplusone
    Student Ambassador India Feb 27, 2020

kiratplusone , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Feb 27, 2020 :
    At the OnePlus 7T event, there were a lot of volunteers. I remember correctly, they were asked go deposit their electronics & wear OnePlus Tshirts. Then, they were assigned work at various places like experience zone

AyushKumarAK and YRJ like this.
  8. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2020

K1ngP1n , Feb 27, 2020 :
    Got the point :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

9. AyushKumarAK
    Froyo Feb 28, 2020

AyushKumarAK , Feb 28, 2020 :
    Hi,

Yeah that's the reply I was looking for..
    Can you tell more details about it?

I mean if I as a Community member ask to volunteer any Launch event,will I be allowed to do so?
    I guess OnePlus 8T series are gonna launch in New Delhi,so I was really looking for Volunteering the same.

I am definitely gonna ask OnePlus if I am allowed once the launch in New Delhi is announced.I attended the 7T launch event & loved it.

Thanks,
    Ayush.