Does this phone appeal to only geeks

1. pnidamarty
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

pnidamarty , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Does this phone appeal to only geeks who can flash and do all sorts of manipulation. That is what the trend seems to be. Such market can only be a few K. The general public would not like to go through that process. They want a stable hardware and software product. The mass Marketplace is there not with a few thousand geeks. Something OPO should think about.

omairi likes this.
  2. Jarivdb
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

Gonzo01 and firewire2035 like this.
  3. Q!s
    Donut Aug 1, 2014

Q!s , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Well I'm not a tech geek just a consumer looking for an inexpensive and efficient phone because I currently don't have one. Maybe the method oneplus utilizes is not best for sales but it's what's best for them. I admit the invites can come out much faster, but hey in the end if you truly want the phone, you'll wait. The phone is worth the wait anyway.

Seiris89 and sharolynvicente like this.
  4. vaio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2014

vaio , Aug 1, 2014 :
    They can make a "Lite" version once established.
    But Apple already caters to that market.

Hasaan12 likes this.
  5. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

Gonzo01 likes this.
  6. noobtubed1875

IWantAnOP2 likes this.
  7. gmo8492
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2014

Gonzo01 likes this.
  8. Q!s
    Donut Aug 1, 2014

Q!s , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Story of my life :)

sharolynvicente likes this.
  9. firewire2035
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

10. ZoeyyeoZ

ZoeyyeoZ , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Regardless the appeal is the price-tech ratio. The average consumer will adopt once the media hops on the bandwagon and preaches. The US market is only recently joining the rest of the world in the attraction/purchase of unlocked phones and carriers.

jflcn2 likes this.
  11. doubleabeepbeep
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

doubleabeepbeep , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I would say the invite system is geared towards the 'geek' crowd. They may have tried to get away from it with all the forced social media activity, but the average consumer isn't going to wait for an invite. Just my 2 cents.

sharolynvicente and jflcn2 like this.
  12. Rosewind
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

sharolynvicente likes this.
  13. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Aug 1, 2014

sleepdragonone , Aug 1, 2014 :
    hey marty, there are 160K member here, do you believe that it would only be in a Market for a few thousands geeks, wow, then OP would probably disappear so quick. The answer is NO, this OP team is aiming for a much bigger goal, a gigantic goal.

Gonzo01 likes this.
  14. jef Wen
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

jef Wen , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Various people like this phone, i m not a geek. Simply a guy which want a powerful smartphone, also a guy who believe in a smart company like One plus one dealing with real value : innovation, fantastic price and taking risks.

The last but not the least, for long year i bought cell phone in other asian countries but now i want to help start up chinese because china is the future.

15. IWantAnOP2
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2015

16. jflcn2
    Froyo Aug 2, 2015

jflcn2 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I am not interested in or have any need for rooting and I think Oneplus one is great out of the box and with the addition of my favourite apps better than my previous LG g3 in all respects except camera and much better than a string of previous android phones. It is low cost, high spec, well built, feels good, does everything it does well. I knew I was buying a phone without support and that is why it's cheap but I have never needed support from any manufacturer anyway and to me a non geek a very attractive daily life enhancing tool.

17. omairi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2015

omairi , Aug 2, 2015 :
    To me its all about the product it self ... how unique it is and how its flexible with it softwares

18. Grams59
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2015

Grams59 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I'm not a geek. In fact, the Oneplus One was my very first smart phone. I did a lot of research prior to my purchase. For the money, there just wasn't any other phone that had as much value for my hard earned dollars.

19. theapu
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

theapu , Aug 2, 2015 :
    I think yes. Others will get bored of it soon and switch to other phones.

20. macem29
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2015

macem29 , Aug 2, 2015 :
    targeted at geeks, but unfortunately draws in a lot of cheap-*** stoopids too