DOLBY ATMOS Setting without Root via OnePlus Nord 2

1. B1604754617272
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2021

B1604754617272 , via OnePlus Nord 2 , Dec 5, 2021 :
    I want this Feature to come on Android 12, for OnePlus Nord 2, and also i want it Bad because the Dirac Auto-Tuner is Bad, doesnt give good quality of Sound and so please OnePlus make it Happen!!!

2. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Dirac is audio hardware as is Dolby Atmos. Nord 2 does not have that hardware and was advertised with the Dirac hardware at the time. If Dolby Atmos is not present in the phone when released it cannot be introduced via software. The hardware must be present, which it's not.

Auristic, Tokolozi and B_Wrath like this.
  3. RedIndianRobin , via OnePlus Nord 2 Gray Sierra , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Umm no. Atmos is a simulation software for simulating 3D audio based on surround sound. There's no physical hardware required except lots of speakers or headphones. It's also a licence from Dolby to incorporate it into your system. 14k rupees Samsung phones have Atmos.

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Dec 7, 2021

Tokolozi , Dec 7, 2021 :
    And they were advertised as such. Buy a phone with the specs you want, don't try to add it afterwards.

Caomhin and Auristic like this.
  5. RedIndianRobin , via OnePlus Nord 2 Gray Sierra , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Do I look like OP to you? I did not ask for Dolby Atmos, I'm just pointing out how the other guy is wrong how Atmos works.

6. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Dec 7, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 7, 2021 :
    It's software driving hardware. The audio chip in Nord 2 is Dirac same as 6 Series.
    The Audio chip in 9 Series is Doldby Atmos driven with the relevant software.
    So no. Dolby Atmos is not compatible with Dirac audio hardware.

Tokolozi likes this.