Don't buy XtremeGuard Spartan Shieldz

1. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I didn't compare the front facing camera with the back one... learn to read...

2. ketchum88
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 25, 2014

ketchum88 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Regardless of your opinion of whether or not taking pictures through multiple layers of glass actually makes a difference or not...

How was the packaging, the build quality, the feel of the protector...ya know...stuff people actually care about to warrant a post title "Do not buy this"

Rzzycat likes this.
  3. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    since when the packaging is something people care about? it's nice to have good packaging but it's definitely not a deal breaker! what's really important is the protection it gives with minimum downsides, there are a lot of other very good screen protectors which will give at least the same protection but with holes for front facing camera and sensors for a better behaving phone... And especially for you with nice packaging ;)

4. ethanchim10
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

ethanchim10 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    taking picture through a window glass will cause blur if the camera lens is too far away from the actual glass, hence letting light diffract, and hence causing blur.
    in this case where the screen protector is actually crystal clear and so near to the actual camera lens will not cause any drop in image quality.
    besides, the screen is already a layer of thick Gorilla 3 glass on top of the camera.
    so this guy is right.

not trying to belittle you or anything, just sharing information so you won't have to worry too much about having a hole on the camera area.

5. ethanchim10
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

ethanchim10 , Sep 25, 2014 :
    yea, maybe i shouldn't whip out that comparison....not exactly apple to apple comparison you are right.....
    what i actually wanted to say is that i don't think it matters having the screen protector on top of the phone camera lens.....

6. ketchum88

Sorry but all I saw when I opened this thread honestly, was a guy that put his protector on crooked and was mad about it.

This thing helped my phone survive without a scratch from a direct hit at pocket height to the parking lot when I accidentally dropped it. Ordered another one and suggest everyone to get tempered glass no matter what the brand. It just so happens that I chose this brand and it turned out to be a solid performer when it mattered.

7. ketchum88

To add, yes packaging matters especially when shipping glass in an envelope. Plenty of bad reviews from other eBay tempered glass purchases that have shown up shattered because they were shipped in a regular letter envelope.

8. Urbana
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Urbana , Sep 25, 2014 :
    I have Orzly and it is the same. That is the reason I've ordered it.
    I love the clean look without extra holes.

9. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    no problem with nillkin one...

10. ketchum88

Thanks for your review of the Nillkin tempered glass screen protector packaging in a "Don't buy XtremeGuard Spartan Shieldz" thread.

cdisxm likes this.
  11. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Never did such a review, I also never said xtremeguard don't do it's job (protecting the screen)... I only said that there are better options out there, for people whom this things are important...

12. ketchum88

Usually when someone opens a thread titled do not buy this...there is a justified reason for it.

I actually do not even know why I am bothering at this point...even if the damn thing had holes cut out for it..this thread would then be called "Don't buy Xtremeguard Spartan Shieldz because its too hard to line up with the cut outs"

[​IMG]

13. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    very mature of you... so I didn't fit it perfectly (I would do it right if I cared, but I don't, as distronic case covers perfectly the rest of the screen), but that's not the problem discussed here...
    Never mind, I guess I had to see that childish reply coming since you didn't have any real arguments others then "nice packaging" (which is not unique for xtremeguard btw)

14. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 25, 2014

15. ketchum88

Considering I actually reviewed the product and answered questions here is the link again since I guess you missed it(my review).

I clearly stated along with the nice packaging that the products quality and application were top notch. I also "accidentally" tested it in the real world and it saved my phone from a RMA disaster.

Your thread is titled "Do not buy this" and you write one sentence about cut out hole placement and take a picture if an incorrectly applied screen protector. What did you expect people to say to you bro?

Thousands of reviews point to other solid tempered glass protectors. If you want to try them out and pay $25 be my guest, just know that they also cover the lens and sensor..for protection.

16. Lunatico
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

Lunatico , Sep 25, 2014 :
    The only thing that sucks here is how poorly you've installed it.
    I have the Ultimate Shield tempered glass protector without those cutouts and it works just fine.

17. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    First, the screen protector applied correctly, not covering anything, without any bubbles or lose corners! second, this thread is for people who think this things are important, if you are not one of them ignore it. And third, you keep mentioning that "accident" you had and praising the screen protector, you don't know what could have happened with other screen protector or with no screen protector at all... I'm really happy for you that your phone didn't damage but you can't deduct anything from this incident...

same reply for you...

18. ketchum88

cdisxm likes this.
  19. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2014

AbandonedTrolley , Sep 25, 2014 :
    Mine does, the Nillkin Tempered Glass protector, goes on great as well. The one in the OP looks like the top left corner isn't contacting properly.

20. Fr3Aky
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2014

Fr3Aky , Sep 25, 2014 :
    it's a reflection of my silver laptop... the screen protector fits very well