Don't Pay Import Taxes to DHL Unless You Are in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Jerry , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Because of flaws in DHL's system, a number of customers have said DHL is charging import taxes for phones shipped from Hong Kong. This should not be the case. This is an error on DHL's part.

OnePlus has already paid the necessary import duties and taxes for each order.
    Please do not pay any additional charges. The best thing you can do at this point is to raise the issue with your local DHL office persistently. We are contacting DHL from our side to complain (to put it lightly) about the issue. Some customers have had this issue before, and DHL admitted it is their mistake and will release the goods after a few days.

If you have already paid the duties, please contact our customer support team as well as DHL to resolve the issue.

Admittedly, this is not the most ideal situation, but it's really out of our hands because DHL's system is a mess. We will continue to work with them to iron out all the kinks. Customers who currently have this issue please contact our support team.

CANADIAN CUSTOMERS:

This does NOT apply to you. You will have to pay necessary import duties as specified by the Canadian government. We have listed this out very specifically here:

Canada.png

For more information, please go to: http://oneplus.net/privacy-and-legal

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

9774, sp99, midifire and 22 others like this.
  2. anopo
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

anopo , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Thank you for this. The question is what do customers that have already paid duties/taxes do?

Also - is this only for phones shipped from HK or is it a general trend with DHL worldwide?

How would I go about telling DHL when they deliver my device that I will not have to pay the duties/taxes because the forum I purchased it from said so?

3. dosonzzz2
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2014

johnnythexiv likes this.
  4. Luuthian
    Donut Jul 17, 2014

Luuthian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I already paid them the import fees... And to top it off my phone's volume button was broken out of the box (and I can't even submit a ticket for it since I just keep getting a message that says "There is an error with your form" when there is absolutely no error).

If this true, it's obviously a huge problem and should have been communicated better. Why aren't people who've purchased the phone outside of China been notified via e-mail? I never would have even found this out if not for me having to come to the forums to find out how to get my phone serviced.

Are we going to see our import fees come back to us now, or are we screwed? Because I just handed over $56 to DHL that I suppose I'll never see again.

5. Diabolic12
    Froyo Jul 17, 2014

6. dennyf
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2014

dennyf , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Lol - "please contact our customer support team" - no answer since 3 days.

7. Diabolic12
    Froyo Jul 17, 2014

Attached Files:

8. ionpan89
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

ionpan89 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    If my order is still in "Processing" is there a possibility that I'm affected by this issue? If you are aware of it I suppose you have fixed the paperwork. Is that the case?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

9. Isma4344
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

Isma4344 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Good job on this part!

10. oppofanyeahbaby
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2014

oppofanyeahbaby , Jul 17, 2014 :
    wait,

how much are they asking?
    i live in italy, it will be horrible when they deliver my phone and ask me 50+ euro:I

11. AwakeForever
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2014

12. Rocha70
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

TigerXC and catrinebu like this.
  13. leobg
    Froyo Jul 17, 2014

leobg , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I just got mine and had to pay duties and processing fees. I'm from Canada.

Edit: Sorry - on a second re-read - I see "from Hong Kong". Mine shipped from the USA. I assume since I did not pay taxes at the time of sale, paying to DHL to process the order is normal?

Nomelas likes this.
  14. AwakeForever

AwakeForever , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Can we get clarification on this? @Jerry

15. maven
    Eclair Jul 17, 2014

maven , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Does this count on shipments that originate in USA too? My opo is being shipped from LA to me in Canada, and a lot of people have been paying $60+ for customs. :(

dudeguys008 and AwakeForever like this.
  16. dfuel
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

dfuel , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Does this also count for products shipped from Los Angeles in the US?

AwakeForever likes this.
  17. Serco

Serco , Jul 17, 2014 :
    @Jerry, DHL is supposed to deliver my phone tomorrow (July 18th) to Canada with a Custom, Taxes and Broker Fees bill of $71.00 canadian. According to this post, am I supposed to pay that invoice???

According to DHL Canada: no money..... no parcel.... and the phone return to Hong Kong.

I need a fast reply please, not from fellow members of the forum but from OP administrators.

Serge

18. dfuel
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

dfuel , Jul 17, 2014 :
    So that's more than it should be. If I'm not mistaken:
    http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

19. Serco

20. dfuel
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

dfuel , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Woops. But the prices look similar since someone stated a 60$ price