Don’t stop the clocks: What do you expect from the OnePlus Smartwatch app?

1. Varunkan
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

2. G_plusone
    Nougat Jan 28, 2021

G_plusone , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Welcome back @dsmonteiro
    Your Timing is impeccable ;)

Cheetosdust and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  3. Tobikage
    Nougat Jan 28, 2021

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jan 28, 2021

YRJ , Jan 28, 2021 :
    We are already in the coffin corner tbh
    As I said, suggestive texts should help a lot in this situation. But when that too fails, the layout of a keyboard, similar to samsung's watch should make typing on a small screen less terrible.

Here:
    smartwatches-that-can-send-messages-e1528730297805.jpg
    Source: androidcentral

5. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jan 28, 2021

cdnfarmer , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Hey there Cheetos,

Great to see you again. And yet another well written awesome thread.

something that works seamlessly with my device. Intuitive. Smooth and something that doesn't require alot of charging and get necessary info readily and without too many hassle. Recently I've heard by a couple of people that they forgot to click start for their walk on their Fitbit and lacked the data gather... This would be a pain imo.

Nicely integrated data. Easy to access, works well. Customizable home page which can be used with or as homepage of the phone. It looks good and not like it's back in the 1980s.

I love the idea of SpO2 of the band. An accurate measure of such would be great. Someone mentioned sugar levels... There are sensors now that do that. It would be great to have it integrated. It would not only help those with diabetes but also hypoglycemia (maybe but it would have to be accurate). Besides this option ( which I'd be surprised to have it for to health regulations in some countries) , the standards HR, exercise modes, etc calories used...
    Want something that can accurately measure steps and not just moving arm and can calculate effects of weighty training as well as different types of sports like cross country skiing, swimming, biking etc.

🤔🤔🤔 depends ... how well it's done.
    I'd rather NOT have my data in Google hands and used in data mining.

6. Polleke14
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2021

Polleke14 , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 28, 2021 :
    I hope that it is also a sportwatch for running, biking, walking, swimming. That's what I need, because the most used sportwatches are to expensive!

Cheetosdust likes this.
  7. Jayshah17
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

Jayshah17 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Yesss this is our community's biggest strength and we have to cash in on that, make it a fully integrated community wearable so more and more people are involved, for the ones not interested it can be turned by providing an option

Cheetosdust likes this.
  8. Jayshah17
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

Why not provide a mic and provide accurate voice typing, won't that be convenient? Will add on for the assistant too

9. YRJ

YRJ , Jan 28, 2021 :
    That's a good idea but I think Google assistant already takes care of that? Plus gboard already has voice ingit afaik

But I can't imagine myself screaming what I have to say to the other person. Sometimes conversations are intimate and personal ;)

10. Jayshah17
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

Just please make sure the software experience is as fluid as possible, I'm sick of all watches that are under a budget having terrible responsiveness in the OS, I hope OnePlus breaks that barrier

This is also assuming OnePlus watch will be under a budget and not super high end

Cheetosdust likes this.
  11. Jayshah17
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

For those sometimes I feel we can go to our phones and get it done or use a keyboard for that matter, but for the casual replies and SMS replies voice typing can be used conveniently, provided it is accurate enough to not make us repeat the same sentence 2-3 times or shout it out

Cheetosdust and YRJ like this.
  12. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2021

GuitarBart , Jan 28, 2021 :
    It might be really close to the OPPO watch seen the recent developments, but I wouldn't mind too much as long as they deliver a solid product against competitive pricing.

Making a good smartwatch that ticks all boxes is tricky so I'm keeping my expectations low and let them suprise me.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  13. YRJ

YRJ , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Maybe it's just a me problem, but I think that talking to your tech, dictations and voice commands are weird. Atleast in public. :sweatsmile:

14. Jayshah17
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

Yeah could be, but if they do go on to provide a mic for the assistant, then it'll be a good feature for whoever wishes to use it, who doesn't love a feature

YRJ likes this.
  15. kamal.kv
    Honeycomb Jan 28, 2021

16. Karx100
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2021

Karx100 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Make it a smartwatch killer. We all know oneplus one offered flagship specs at a low budget which is what company is known for. We would like to see that again. Also wear os or oxygen os doesn't matter till the user experience is good.

17. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jan 28, 2021

Tokolozi , Jan 28, 2021 :
    In dog years I'm super elderly.

But nah, just messing around with people who find analog clocks unreadable.

18. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Jan 28, 2021 :
    having a phone call through your watch is somehow weirder

YRJ likes this.
  19. YRJ

YRJ , Jan 28, 2021 :
    Right.... So old-school :D
    Candlestick telephones making a bold return :p
    SS22533205.jpg

20. Navdeep_Malik