Camera

double power button launch a different camera ?

1. G_Emrah_Sahanli_oJzI Donut Feb 14, 2019

G_Emrah_Sahanli_oJzI, Feb 14, 2019 :
    I am with you! Oneplus believes that they shouldn't listen to customer feedback any more! For me, the camera function is useless, since no 16: 9 ratio is supported any more and I do not want to post-edit every photo I did. For me it is clear, this is my last mobile phone from Oneplus. There are enough competitors, where one is not as snooty as OnePlus...

micber likes this.
  2. mojoyoyo77 Lollipop Senior Moderator Feb 15, 2019

mojoyoyo77, Feb 15, 2019 :
    All opinions are respectable.
    I agree that it should be possible to do, but, in my opinion, I do not think it is something so important as to disable the OnePlus camera, is the Google camera operative for all functions? Is it always better for everything?
    It's not a big difference from this shortcut versus turning on the screen + touching the icon of your favorite camera

3. knicefire Donut Feb 15, 2019

knicefire, Feb 15, 2019 :
    I completely agree, this is not a major thing to complain. And I believe most of the users don't bother changing the camera to something other than Oneplus' in the first place.
    But, as I said, all of these nuances when combined together may spoil the whole experience of the phone.

Imagine a beautiful woman walking into a room, she has a nice dress and cool looking hair, her lipstick perfectly matches to the color of their nails and shoes and the overall she takes your breath away. And then you see her smiling and a bit of spinach is sticking between her teeth.. and the whole impression is spoiled.

Is she beautiful? Of course! Is this spinach easily fixable? Of course. If the spinach worth complaining? No..
    But is your impression spoiled? You bet!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019

4. Norazi_Agent Cupcake Mar 2, 2019

Norazi_Agent, Mar 2, 2019 :
    Hello
    l just a quick noob question. How would you go about clearing default in the one plus camera? When I go to settings > apps > default apps, I have to choose the factory camera app or the google cam app. I doesn’t give me an option to choose none. I also went into settings in the factory camera app itself but didn’t anything there either.

5. JaMoore55 Cupcake Mar 6, 2019

JaMoore55, Mar 6, 2019 :
    I'll walk you through how I was able to get it.

First step is to go into settings, and then apps:

[​IMG]

Then Default apps:
    [​IMG]

Then Camera (mine is already set as the GCam here)

[​IMG]

The next step is to disable the OP Camera, which you can do by pressing the button circled below. On mine it says 'enable' because i've already disabled it, for you, if you haven't, it should say 'disable'

[​IMG]

micber likes this.
  6. micber Froyo Mar 10, 2019

micber, Mar 10, 2019 :
    At least with the work around it works!
    I'm techie enough to deal with it.

7. JaMoore55 Cupcake Mar 11, 2019

JaMoore55, Mar 11, 2019 :
    I just upgraded my 6T to Beta 5 and it seems that we now have the option to use our preferred default camera for the double press. don't know if it will last though.