Double tap to bring back screen does not work when on call

1. irfanmoosani Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2019

irfanmoosani, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Recently on my OnePlus 7, I encountered a bug.

While you are on call, when the screen times out, double tap on screen to 'Switch ON' the screen again doesn't work
    You need to use power button to 'Switch ON' the screen.
    I confirmed the same in Oneplus group on facebook, with many other users

2. Guptasachin760 Eclair Jun 25, 2019

Guptasachin760, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Same Problem, Don't know when they are going to solve it.

irfanmoosani likes this.
  3. Mikeyboy80 Eclair Jun 26, 2019

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  4. jerick.fontelera Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

jerick.fontelera, Jun 28, 2019 :
    cover the top portion of the phone with your palm then uncover it, the screen will wake.

Abhi Dahiya likes this.
  5. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2019

Abhi Dahiya, Jun 28, 2019 :
    It is NOT a Bug. It has always been like that. It's by design. You are not supposed to have double tap functionality while in a call.

As the face of a person acts like fingers, double tap can be registered by face touching the screen, can lead to screen unlocking and registering unwanted touches.

If you want to wake-up the screen, either use power key OR just cover proximity sensor with hands and remove the hand, screen will automatically light up.

Explained Above [e]1f446[/e]

Atanu Maji and the_o2 like this.
  6. irfanmoosani Jelly Bean Jun 28, 2019

irfanmoosani, Jun 28, 2019 :
    Nope it did not work. I just tested.

7. irfanmoosani Jelly Bean Jun 28, 2019

irfanmoosani, Jun 28, 2019 :
    I believe we are not on the same page. And you answer is based on various assumptions and not based on facts
    Consider the following things and test in the exacts same environment
    1. Use Oneplus 7
    2. Settings >Display > Sleep > After 15 seconds of Inactivity
    3. I am not keeping phone near my face after dialing, it is kept either on speaker mode or connected with bluetooth
    4. Dial the number (doesn't matter if the call gets connected or not) , the screens goes off after 15 seconds as per #2

a. Now here covering and uncovering proximity sensor does not help
    b. Double tap does not work

Another important note, just by mentioning that "It has always been like that", DOES NOT declare a BUG to be a feature by design.

8. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2019

Abhi Dahiya, Jun 28, 2019 :
    You certainly are not considering the fact that double tap to wake during call has not been available in any OnePlus phone whatsoever. It is by design. A bug can be in one device and at a time, not in all devices throughout the years.

You aren't the only one. A few people have too asked about it earlier and have got the same response that it is simply not present by design choice.

As for screen not waking up when speaker mode or Bluetooth is being used, i don't know how many phones you have used before but in such a case, proximity sensor simply does not work. Proximity sensor always works only when a call is being heard via earpiece. That is it.

As for double tap functionality, if you still don't believe me, do one thing. File a bug report to OnePlus. Let's see what response you get. I know already what will be the response, but at least you will get to know

9. jerick.fontelera Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

jerick.fontelera, Jun 30, 2019 :

irfanmoosani

Nope it did not work. I just tested.​

it is working fine for me. try to restart your phone and see if it will work. if not, try to turn off your phone for few minutes before turning it on again then check.

10. irfanmoosani Jelly Bean Jul 15, 2019 at 7:04 PM

irfanmoosani, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:04 PM :
    Nope I had restarted my phone several times, but the problem stays.