Downgrade from Android 10 to Android 9 via OnePlus 7

1. c_harish87
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

c_harish87 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Hi bro. I rooted my oneplus 7. I want to go back downgrade Android 9 version. Can I do this method downgrade android 9. Because my oneplus 7 bootloader unlock and rooted. So I ask you this question. Please reply bro

3. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

zyrrasdad , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I remember back in the good old days when you could just wipe the phone and reinstall the older version.... I have the official release of Android 10 and I don't think I could install the beta version and then go back to Android 9. Or am I missing something?

4. Y1571423764412
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 18, 2019 :
    A beta can normally be installed over stable if it's newer than stable.
    A beta can be updated to stable if the stable is newer (but it will wipe the phone).
    If you are in a situation where you want something that is older than the current installed version you need a rollback first.

6. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

zyrrasdad , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 19, 2019 :
    The wanting something older is what I want. I was also looking at the msm package, but it's usually referenced to having a beta installed, which I don't.

7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 19, 2019 :
    The rollback does not care if it's beta or stable. It will downgrade to 9.

8. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

zyrrasdad , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Ok, just to be clear (at least in my head) stable and the official release are one in the same?

9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Official is everything released by OnePlus. Stable is 10.0.1 for example and is part of the stable update channel. Betas like open beta 1,2,3 are part of the beta update channel.

10. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

Then I have the official release. So the rollback (msm) won't work?

11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 20, 2019 :
    The rollback should work regardless. It should allow you to revert from beta or stable to 9, whatever reason you may have to do so. It allows you to change to beta or stable when the change is prohibited due to the newest available OS already is installed.
    Some users have reported issues with rollback though. Of some reason some need to flash it twice before it accepted it without errors.
    It's still just as a ordinary local upgrade. Download, move to local storage, check file name, rename if needed (it needs to be a zip file, not zip.jar or anything else). Flash

12. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

Using the local update function, it doesn't see the file, under the original name or renamed. It is dot zip file. This is rather frustrating to say the least. My two OnePlus 6's will definitely not be upgraded.

13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 20, 2019 :
    It's located under local storage too?

Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Step by step video. Some awesome entertainment during the download included. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/

Video : http://bit.ly/2lPAkuy

Many users enjoy both 10.0.1 and beta 3...

14. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2019

Yes, it's in the root level. Where all the local update files are usually located.

15. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 20, 2019 :
    Sure it's really .zip then? You could rename the file by deleting its name completely and writing just "file.zip".
    Maybe I can see what could be wrong if you post a few screenshots

16. zyrrasdad
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2019

zyrrasdad , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 22, 2019 :

Swejuggalo

Sure it's really .zip then? You could rename the file by deleting its name completely and writing just "file.zip".
    Maybe I can see what could be wrong if you post a few screenshots​

Yep, it's a zip file. I even moved the same package from my computer and the Android 9 package. It shows the Android 9 package but not the other one. Maybe I'll rename it OnePlus something or another...

This was frustrating at one point, but now it's getting ridiculous.

Btw, I did rename the whole file and that didn't work.

17. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 22, 2019 :
    The video file I linked before does not help?

18. akauts
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

akauts , Oct 23, 2019 :
    i plan to downgrade my op7, question
    1. i didnt found the link to download android 9 from the web posted on top comment
    2. i am in indonesia, is there any region/file version that i need to make sure before download from that source?

please help

akauts likes this.
  20. stereo007
    Eclair Oct 24, 2019

stereo007 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    yes it's possible cause i have downgraded from 10 to 9 because there is no notch support option in android 10

just open beta 1 thread and there is link to download 9 pie