[Download] Device Trees and Kernel Sources for the OnePlus 3T

1. stephenboyo KitKat Nov 15, 2016

Jole7 likes this.
  2. bradl79 Eclair Nov 16, 2016

bradl79, Nov 16, 2016 :
    that was never official, all speculations prior to Oneplus announcements have usually been way off, like this was supposed to have a QHD but it still has 1080p, it was rumored to have a microsd card and still only stupid dual sim, and it was supposed to be around $480.00 which is only $440.00. same thing happened with the Oneplus 3, never believe it until OP releases b/c its always less than what the rumors are, but i am sure that Nougat will be released for it before the OP3 or at around the same time.

Vector likes this.
  3. whatisid Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

4. otto2 Lollipop Nov 16, 2016

otto2, Nov 16, 2016 :
    Maybe you should read the last XDA interview with carl pei, there you ll find the desired information.

5. Natakranta Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

Natakranta, Nov 16, 2016 :
    I did, that's why I'm asking my question.
    I've just checked Play and I don't see OnePlus Camera app there. I'm not sure it's not there at all or just not visible to me as I check it on N6P and not OP3. (like OnePlus Gallery is there on Play but is not displayed when I search for it on N6P)
    And there is the case of releasing the rom side of components necessary for it to not only run but run great, either open the code, or if not possible as proprietary stuff not owned by OnePlus, at least in form of prebuilt blobs to put into ROMs.
    I'm not following OnePlus forums regularly since I sold my OP3, so I'd appreciate if somebody could write up to date information what is the situation of camera experience and pictures quality on custom ROMs. Since we are in a development thread.

AcmE85 and Vector like this.
  6. otto2 Lollipop Nov 16, 2016

otto2, Nov 16, 2016 :
    OK, it s not so easy, since the proprietary camera code is not only in the app, it s in several layers and cannot easily been rewritten to a binary blob or an app. It s like coding an absolutely different approach ,but without performance loss. And that s the biggest problem as i understood.

papolytic likes this.
  7. otto2 Lollipop Nov 16, 2016

otto2, Nov 16, 2016 :
    @Natakranta : We want to, and we’ve been talking about internally. So there’s a challenge with the camera because if we want a blob, then there are two major challenges. The first one being, the code relating to the camera is on a lot of layers, so you have something related to the camera on the framework level, something on the Android level, something on a system level. So we’re gonna have to rewrite a lot of code to be able to separate it in a way that allows us to blob it. And the second reason is, if we were to blob it the result is that the speed will suffer, so the speed of the camera UX on custom ROMs will suffer. We’re still trying to figure out a way of how we can release something that will help people improve the camera in their custom ROMs without making the experience become too bad. And we don’t want something with our logo to have a poor experience either. So it is going to be a little bit harder than we thought, but we’ve been discussing this.

Source: http://www.xda-developers.com/interview-with-carl-pei-from-oneplus-pt3/

papolytic, Vector and Fraser like this.
  8. DanielT_HUN Froyo Nov 16, 2016

DanielT_HUN, Nov 16, 2016 :
    Nice. But don't be so proud of the OxygenOS, it's not great. Very far from it actually.

AcmE85 likes this.
  9. IlCieco Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2016

S0bek likes this.
  10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 16, 2016

dsmonteiro, Nov 16, 2016 :
    Hey @Bradon H,

Any idea why the kernel mention 3000mAh instead of 3400mAh and the front sensor as being the IMX179, instead of the correct Samsung one?

Looks like the code needs some updating.

Vector likes this.
  11. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 16, 2016

Dunnow, Nov 16, 2016 :
    OnePlus being OnePlus...

I guess that this qualifies as "not releasing the sources when they said they did" right? xD

AcmE85 likes this.
  12. TeMpL Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

13. Natakranta Gingerbread Nov 17, 2016

Natakranta, Nov 17, 2016 :
    Thanks for bringing up the quote from Carl interview on xda, but as I wrote in my previous post, I've already read it. For me in short words it means : too much work, we will not spend our resources on something we don't really care about.
    So I was curiouse if anything happens in regards to it. Apparently not. Classic OnePlus, vouge talking, action to be taken soon™

AcmE85, lostLambda and theshinybeast like this.
  14. otto2 Lollipop Nov 17, 2016

otto2, Nov 17, 2016 :
    OK, for me it sounds like: We re working on it in the time, when we got nothing more important to do. They do not make money with this code,it s just for helping out the alternative rom coders, so i don t like it but can respect this move.

Vector and Natakranta like this.
  15. Natakranta Gingerbread Nov 17, 2016

Natakranta, Nov 17, 2016 :
    Yes, but the problem is the time they have nothing more important to do is zero. I'm afraid it's on the bottom of their priority list.
    But I can't agree they wouldn't make any money on bringing camera code to custom ROMs, because there is a portion of people who would buy the device (bringing money and profit) if they were assured that everything (Finger print scanner - looking at you early OP2, Dash Charge code released with delay only after huge scream made on forums, and now last but not least only camera left) works on custom ROMs at least as good as on stock ROM. The only adventage Nexus has over OP3 is that with Nexus you are guaranteed that on custom ROMs every piece of hardwaare will be working as good as on stock. For me that's the only reason to buy Nexus, not the stock ROM, not the Google experience, I can't care less. I have my favorite custom ROMs, I have a set of features I like to have in the ROM, I know how I want my phone to work and what I want it to do. I hope I'm not the only one with this philosophy, there must be more people who want to have full control over device they buy and own.
    This is now especial important when Google closes more and more apps as their proprietary code in Google apps, abandons AOSP apps, and takes a turn with Pixels. OnePlus is a "New Hope" ;) for people like me who want unlockable, fully customisable high spec phone in reasonable price. That's why it's so important to support custom ROMs scene to attract tech enthusiasts, who will add to the sales not only with devices they buy for themselves, but with many more they will buy or recommend to buy to their friends and family.

Anyway, we both wrote the same, only you were very diplomatic when I went straight forward ;)

"Hoping for the best, expecting the worst."
    - Jack Reacher

AcmE85, Vector, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Suresh Rathore Donut Nov 17, 2016

17. marinobiagio Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2016

marinobiagio, Nov 18, 2016 :
    Soooooooo fastttttttt! Bad idea bought OP2 @ day one.. next OP are aswome and well supported by OnePlus..

18. BugdroidNerd Gingerbread Nov 18, 2016

19. REDAD MEHDI Cupcake Nov 19, 2016

REDAD MEHDI, Nov 19, 2016 :
    Someone please help me. I've still not flashed my phone to the oxygen os beta builds. I'm still running on os 3.2.7. Do I need to flash it to recieve the nougat update once it is out?

20. otto2 Lollipop Nov 19, 2016

otto2, Nov 19, 2016 :
    Unfortunately the number of people, who know how and also DO use the ability to root their devices and to flash custom roms is not big enough for a manufacturer to make enough money , google is a very big company and they got a reputation ,the prices for the nexus and now the pixel are way higher than the prices for oneplus devices. By the way- oneplus started as a hardware manufacturer, they let Cyanogen Inc. code the ROM ,it was not planned to start developing their own OxygenOS. So the cost for developing a new system from scratch was not in their businessplan. I am not sure,if google was making money with the nexus series. Oneplus is using the free to unlock policy for marketing, they want to point out a difference to other manufacturers like apple or samsung, and in my personal case it worked. Now they re selling lots of phones, still inspired by the community, which is not only marketing, it s helping them (and us, too) to develop a product the market really needs. I m curious if there s a reliable statistic, how many OP devices are rooted, how many are running stock roms and how many are running alternative roms. @Carl , maybe you got some time to help me out ,if you got such a statistic?
    What do you think- will the average OP3T customer be a flasher or developer or more the kind of tech interested person,or just someone reading tests in internet, looking at the price "Biggest bang for buck" ?

Natakranta and Vector like this.