DR-1 not calibrated

1. qlex
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2015

qlex , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Hey.
    I'm posting this as a new thread, hoping that some other DR-1 users might spot and it suggest something so that my DR-1 finally gets up to air in straight vertical way :)

I also got my DR-1. After i charged it and calibrated (left pad bottom left, right pad - bottom right) I wanted to fly it.
    Using the up/down pad, it tilts before going up - I cannot bring it up and let it stay in this position.
    When i put it on a table and slowly increase the throttle, it slides before going up, making the steering practically impossible. I tried using the trim buttons but it doesnt seem to help.

Looking the the pics, I got the rotors and blades ok,
    with both back blades red and front blades white and the direction being also ok - otherwise it wouldnt even lift.

Any suggestions ?

2. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 20, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Apr 20, 2015 :
    You bought this and honestly expected it to fly properly? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it won't :p

3. Tyronekramsey
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2015

Tyronekramsey , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Don't be so upfront. you gotta slide the message in slowly

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  4. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 20, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Apr 20, 2015 :
    Sorry to burst your bubble too, but I'm always upfront :D

5. Vin87
    Eclair Apr 20, 2015

Vin87 , Apr 20, 2015 :
    It will always slide around because of the ground effect on the table. These things aren't stabilized like 'real' drones. You'll have to give them some input to stay in the same position. I'm actually enjoying the DR1! I used to fly RC helicopters so flying this DR1 is really easy :) I was actually suprised how well this small 'toy' flies :)

DaxNagtegaal likes this.