Dropbox auto photo upload no longer working

1. eddieras Donut Apr 12, 2016

eddieras, Apr 12, 2016 :
    I reformatted my oneplus one the other day and since then my auto upload for photos does not work. i reinstalled dropbox on both oneplus one and desktop- and it is working with the cloud. i tested by putting documents in dropbox and it syncs across all platforms (oneplus one, desktop, cloud) but the camera upload does not work. i've googled this but can't find the solution. i cleared data/ cache on the phone, removed account and re-added and re-synced but the photos will not upload. any ideas??

HenryCheungCF likes this.
  2. flying dutch Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

flying dutch, Jul 3, 2016 :
    Got the same problem.
    photo's won't go automatically into the dropbox folder but in a files->images folder on the phone.
    Every photo I took used to go automatically into the dropbox folder and got synced. now I have to manually move files from the images folder to upload it to the dropbox folder. reinstalled app, but no change. Started behaving like this since last update :(. any ideas?

3. Gloxton Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

Gloxton, Jul 3, 2016 :
    Dropbox no longer automatically syncs your photos. You need to upgrade to a paid plan for that now (or install their software on your computer).
    They sent me an email about this last week.

Copy of email below.

Camera uploads is a feature on your Dropbox
    mobile app that automatically backs up photos and videos from your phone or tablet. We’re changing the way this feature works in your Basic account. On July 22, camera uploads will turn off, unless you do one of two things to keep it on:

• Connect a computer: Download and install the Dropbox desktop app to better manage your camera uploads. Easily access, organize, or remove photos you don’t want in your Dropbox Basic account.
    • Upgrade to Dropbox Pro: Keep all your photos in one place with 1 TB (1,000 GB) of space. Using the button below, you’ll get30% off one year of Dropbox Pro through July 22, 2016.

Get 30% off Dropbox Pro
    Why is camera uploads changing?
    When you automatically upload all your photos to Dropbox, your Basic account can run out of space really quickly. By connecting a computer to your account, you can easily transfer your photos and organize them on a computer, so you don't run out of space in your Dropbox.

4. Happybetty Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019