Dropped my fully protected 5T ( my experience )

1. Tiber
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

Tiber , Jan 2, 2018 :
    So today is a sad day for me, cracked my phone slightly.

My oneplus 5t had a sandstone case and tempered glass protection from oneplus and fell from my pocket (3feet/90 cm) It never had a scrach prior to the drop.

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-02 at 6.36.15 PM(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-02 at 6.36.15 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-01-02 at 3.44.23 PM.jpeg

The display did not survive either, I have a corner crack as seen in the last photo. It is very dissapointing because my Oneplus One survived 4 years with no case and 2$ tempered glass protectors from **********. The 20$ tempered glass from oneplus is kinda soft and didn't get the job done.

So the conclusion, buy 3rd party tempered glass protection :)

2. H1514914523502
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

H1514914523502 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Unfortunately, I've had a similar experience with the official OnePlus 5 tempered 3D glass screen protection.
    My OnePlus 5 fell from about 23 inches (60 cm) to the ground and the screen protector had a crack across the whole screen.
    Luckily, the phone itself survived but I was still survived it cracked that easily.
    (I'll add pictures of the screen protector if I'm able to find them)

3. W1nd
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

W1nd , Jan 2, 2018 :
    mine also cracked today just fall frm 1 feet most from my pocket . and tempered glass cracked.this official is good but not tough .

4. F_Mohamed_Nasar_Ibn_Muth
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

5. AdamWls
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 2, 2018

AdamWls , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Im of the opinion the screen protector will only protect the phone from scratches and very short drops. 3ft is about pocket hight.

b17 likes this.
  6. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jan 2, 2018

7. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams
    Lollipop Jan 2, 2018

8. H1514914523502
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

H1514914523502 , Jan 2, 2018 :
    But it's not worth the money to only protect from scratches to be honest. It's also mentionable that it's a glass protection. With that being said it's obviously more than just a scratch protection.

Shreystechtips likes this.
  9. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 2, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jan 2, 2018 :
    I have the official 3D tempered glass protector from OnePlus on my OnePlus 3T and it survived 2 drops from 130 cm and the glass and the phone survived. Could it be that OnePlus stopped making quantity products?

NahbiCris likes this.
  10. allisterr
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

allisterr , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Yeah I don't buy those cases as well because they're fancy and feel nice but the protection from drops always worries me.

Besides the case or screen protector, it's actually worrying your display broke from such a small drop. Damn

I ordered a tpu case with the raised edges for drops. So it acts like a cushion for drops.

But now I'm worried because your drop wasn't very high.

I miss the days of my Samsung s5, somehow that phone received so much of abuse in it's case and screen protector and somehow ended up looking almost new when I sold it.

They don't make them like they used guess we have to get those cases designed specific for drops it seems.

11. gauravpanwar3
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

Nikhil_1072 likes this.
  12. allisterr
    Honeycomb Jan 2, 2018

allisterr , Jan 2, 2018 :
    The 5t is still too fragile. Needs am additional tpu before going into the case. Haha

I remember dropping my Samsung when trying to take a group selfie when drunk. And that's about 190cm onto concrete.

I mean surely that should be the test these days, dropping your phone while trying to take a selfie at a club drunk. Haha seems like an appropriate and reasonable test [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

13. malidan
    Nougat Jan 2, 2018

malidan , Jan 2, 2018 :
    Unlucky bro, its always saddening to see crocked devices. There are individuals who keep saying metal phones resist falls better than glass phones but they always forget 3 things.
    1. The screen is made of glass.
    2. Your luck on the day.
    3. Who built the thing.
    Good luck with the repairs I hope its not too costly.

maheshnrk likes this.
  14. ckithika
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2018

ckithika , Jan 2, 2018 :
    The OP 3D screen protector doesn't guarantee 100% protection on a fall. From what I have read, the phone edges (on any phone with a screen protector) are the weakest points. The strongest being the middle of the screen protector. This is not to be translated that the OP 3D screen protector is a bad product.it is not. It just minimizes damage compared to no screen protector at all. This happens to many other phones as well despite the strongest screen protectors

Rakshit_Patil likes this.
  15. Tiber
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 3, 2018

Tiber , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I won't fix it, the crack is too small to be worth it, I'm just upset my phone isn't immaculate anymore because it is brand new.

But honestly, from 3 feet, the case and glass protector should've worked.

I've been using tempered glass protectors for the last 5 years and none of them shattered as badly as this one.

Meet@321 likes this.
  16. volverOP5T
    Honeycomb Jan 3, 2018

volverOP5T , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I dropped my phone on tarmac thrice with original you gel cover came with box and with one plus official tempered glass in place .

no scratches or cracks yet.

Deactivated User and Ishushobit like this.
  17. ht.mp4
    Donut Jan 3, 2018

ht.mp4 , Jan 3, 2018 :
    I dropped my 5t today too, I woke up and was getting dressed. I set the phone down on my dresser and when I finished I went to grab it and it slipped out of my hand on to hardwood floor. somehow it is fine and no cracks. only pre applied screen protector and case that came with the phone!

Ishushobit and Kevin Boghani like this.
  18. KL4US_199
    Froyo Jan 3, 2018

MentalDraco likes this.
  19. Imperious Ape
    Froyo Jan 4, 2018

Imperious Ape , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Flip cover case has protected my 5t from drops, hits, being stepped on, scratches, etc. Seems as soon as the case is put on bad things happen. I might have ape luck but the phone is still flawless.

Mmiller509 and Deactivated User like this.
  20. Nekib Ahmed
    Donut Jan 4, 2018