Dropped my fully protected 5T ( my experience )

1. victorzmartin
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

victorzmartin , Jan 6, 2018 :
    I don't think that the OP make bad cases at all... even the "free" one is good, very well designed and etc.

but the name "protective case" should be gripping case...

2. Deactivated User
    Jan 6, 2018

3. hsran
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2018

hsran , Jan 6, 2018 :
    You need to get an Otterbox case. Dropped mine from the first floor and its still all shiny.

Vilfy likes this.
  4. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

Y1511446669413 , Jan 6, 2018 :
    What they did

5. theslueth
    Donut Jan 6, 2018

6. natts_in
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2018

natts_in , Jan 6, 2018 :
    Lot depends not just in the height but how it landed on the ground ! Mostly if it lands on the edges the impact will be high. I always use Spigen cases and screen protectors. Rhinoshield screen protectors are tough.

Vilfy likes this.
  7. AqeebMohammed
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2018

G_Heidey_Boulet_bjiO likes this.
  8. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jan 6, 2018

MentalDraco , Jan 6, 2018 :
    You can even fit a few phones in it :))

9. G_Heidey_Boulet_bjiO
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2018

G_Heidey_Boulet_bjiO , Jan 6, 2018 :
    is it made for one5t ?

10. kevinnewboy
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018

Attached Files:

11. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 6, 2018

Mr. BG , Jan 6, 2018 :
    First, TGSP protect from scratches, and for only a small part can the soft back layer take the energy of of a blow, the glass only by breaking, but by no means is it Capable of totally protecting your device if it hits the ground on a corner, especially considering the size of the phones these days.

There are no impact zones on phones like cars have, in that perspective the old plastic housings were better at absorbing energy than the full metal and glass phones these days.

Anybody who understands a bit about mechanics knows you can't expect to much of a simple TGSP as it can hardly absorb energy.

What was the floor, you're not telling that, and carpet is something entirely different from a dropping on the street or concrete.

12. Taskman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 6, 2018

Taskman , Jan 6, 2018 :
    the only way to compare phone in trip is to make sure they did the exact.. and I mean, very exact same spot on the same type of floor or the point is moot.

Phone can break from 30cm easy. It's just depends on where the initial impact is.
    My first OnePlus dropped from 1M. Not a scratch.
    My 2nd from about 40cm and completely shattered display. This one got the impact on the corner which spread to the whole front.

13. imalanlewis
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2018

imalanlewis , Jan 6, 2018 :
    the Oneplus tempered glass screen protector is hopeless. I bought one and it lasted about 3 days before the top corner cracked. I'm generally very careful with my pines and they rarely get damaged, so this is a very poor show for such an expensive accessory. I've since bought an orzly full screen twin pack, and that seems much better tbh.

14. MarcioReis87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2018

MarcioReis87 , Jan 7, 2018 :
    I personally still use the provided case and the original plastic screen protector. I expect puting the dbrand red dragon skin and use a tempered glass real soon...
    My phone already dropped 40cm height on an uneventful pavement. the corner of a pavement got direct contact to the screen. I saw my phone face down and I was afraid picking it up but when I did everything was ok.
    there are 2 'holes' on the plastic screen protector but the screen got nothing.
    guess not everybody is as lucky as me.
    same thing happened when I bought the OnePlus 5 which I gave to my wife.
    it fell 1.30m height, thankfully I had a tpu case and the phone fell on its corner. It had a fat case and thankfully it protected it. gave it to my wife afterwards xD

15. Payaeb
    Froyo Jan 7, 2018

Payaeb , Jan 7, 2018 :
    on note 4 I used no case or glass protection it survived many drops. on my OnePlus it doesn't feel as sturdy so I'm using the Protective Case Karbon by OnePlus. it looks nice, it seems Protective enough and it has raised sides so it should protect the screen from drops. haven't dropped it yet but I hope this gives me the protection I need. did anyone dropped their phone using this case? how did it go?

I have to say the case also gives a good grip to the phone as it is a bit slippery. with the case it's still slim. in fact I think the phone itself is to slim. I hope they make it a bit fatter with even better battery.

Vilfy likes this.
  16. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 7, 2018

The1Lion , Jan 7, 2018 :
    Added "air pockets" around the corners of the phone. They have a YT video showing it being dropped and no screen damage.

Y1511446669413 likes this.
  17. Tiber
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2018

Tiber , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Well it was on the street but still

18. MacsOneplusone
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

MacsOneplusone , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Please send the screen protector's name. cuz I am looking to buy a new one. sorry if u have already done it.

19. MacsOneplusone
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

MacsOneplusone , Jan 8, 2018 :
    don't manufacture for OnePlus 5t

20. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jan 8, 2018

Mr. BG , Jan 8, 2018 :
    Stone, concrete or tarmac?

Like i said, if the corner hits the ground you are basically done.

Do not expect the impossible from a simple screen protector, it is mainly there for scratches, not for drop protection on hard surfaces, it’s physics.

meatandy likes this.