Dropped my OP6T in my Dogs water bowl

1. MisterCrisp
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

MisterCrisp , Jan 8, 2019 :
    I accidentally dropped my phone in my dogs water bowl. The phone went all the way under and it took me about 2 seconds to retrieve. Used a paper towel to wipe/dry it off. Surprisingly, the phone was completely fine after that. So it doesn't have an IP rating but to me it doesn't matter. I was quite impressed of the outcome. I did have the nylon style case and the factory plastic screen protector on it at the time. Not like that made a difference. But hey, gotta give props to OP since this phone isn't waterproof.

2. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jan 8, 2019 :
    I would still toss it in a bowl of rice or some silica gel, sometimes it can take a little while for water damage to show up.

3. Thatboyleroylee
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

Thatboyleroylee , Jan 8, 2019 :
    every teardown of this phone shows it is waterproof, but OnePlus likely skipped paying for the IP certification

4. MisterCrisp
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2019

MisterCrisp , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Good idea!

5. xnutzii
    Lollipop Jan 8, 2019

xnutzii , Jan 8, 2019 :
    As said here ↓
    They have skipped the IP certificate because it's 30$ more, and they sealed it on their own way.

sxegti likes this.
  6. sxegti
    Eclair Jan 8, 2019

sxegti , Jan 8, 2019 :
    Here is the link for the YouTube video where Linus went through the OnePlus factory. I believe he says in the video they are water resistant and get put through some light water testing.

zer0sIx likes this.