Dropped my opo and it won't boot.

1. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 28, 2015

hasanacar, Nov 28, 2015 :
    Hello guys nd ladies,

Today I ve dropped my opo from around 1 meter height to concrete ground... and I was so sad cause I thought the screen was broken.. It was fortunately not broken, but it was unresponsive to anythng with screen on. anythung I tried did not help. So I shit down my opo long pressing power button... but it did not come back... Then I tried to hook it up to a power bank, firs I got no action but after a while I saw the battery icon, being charged around %75... but poor button was still not helping to turn on the phone. then I turned it off again long pressing power button. but after that point. My opo is completely black screen in any case. I hooked it up to my original charger. I long pressed power button for 20 secs 5 time. volume down + power button.... no luck.... what do you think , my problem can relate to ? do you have any suggestions ? I ve no warranty.. :(

2. Nevabackdown Jelly Bean Nov 28, 2015

Nevabackdown, Nov 28, 2015 :
    So sad , its dead IMO
    You can try to Jack out then insert the battery.....
    If doesnt works ypur phones probably motherboard got damaged
    Try in local market, if out of warrenty

ramli7, hasanacar and Tokolozi like this.
  3. Tokolozi Marshmallow Nov 28, 2015

Tokolozi, Nov 28, 2015 :
    You'll need to open it up to see if something got knocked loose, but then again it might just be dead. Might it rest in peace.

hasanacar likes this.
  4. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 28, 2015

hasanacar, Nov 28, 2015 :
    The only thing that encourages me is he charging from power bank. and cyanogen logo after that power on.. but Phone did not pass that level.. so I just want to think this might not be a hardware issue.

5. ayk1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2015

ayk1982, Nov 29, 2015 :
    I think it's ur LCD, probably the connection got lose, try dropping it several times on the floor(carpet) and see. U got nothing to lose as it's not working. I have done that to my ipad 2 numerous times and that works always (however to be on safe side I have now got a case for it because my 2 yr old uses it as his sauce plate :confused::p:eek:

alexis.bosman likes this.
  6. goralpm Cupcake Nov 29, 2015

goralpm, Nov 29, 2015 :
    I drop my OPO many times and nothing! Not even switch off...
    I got silicon case but not cheep from ebay and glass protect (glass protect has crack, it happen when my phone fall to steel frame on floorboard) this same, not from ebay.

7. ayk1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2015

ayk1982, Nov 29, 2015 :
    Didn't u have any kind of protection on the phone? If you did, then what protection had u used

8. ayk1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2015

ayk1982, Nov 29, 2015 :
    If not eBay then from where

9. mwayner KitKat Nov 29, 2015

mwayner, Nov 29, 2015 :
    What part of the phone hit the floor? Any visible exterior damage? If you're absolutely sure that there isn't a tiny, hairline crack on the screen, something may have popped loose on impact. If you wanna try yourself, may be a good idea to disconnect and reconnect stuff. Here's a helpful guide. :)

hasanacar, ayk1982 and Tokolozi like this.
  10. ayk1982 Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2015

ayk1982, Nov 29, 2015 :
    And yeah.. EBay products generally arent bad

11. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

hasanacar, Nov 29, 2015 :
    I had a protection cover for the back and premium screen protector, which is not tempered glass..

12. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

as far as I saw, it crashed from the screen side on the ground. I checked carefully.. and no crack on screen. and I opened the phone, too . removed the sandstone back and removed battery pins and actually all the pins and then reconnected them.. just in case that there could be an issue for connection of the pins.. then reassembled everything.. and still no action.. just black screen.. no notificiation led either.. now I hooked up to charger and will see ..

ramli7 and mwayner like this.
  13. ramli7 Jelly Bean Nov 29, 2015

ramli7, Nov 29, 2015 :
    Any update ?

14. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

Hey guys,

After leaving phone on charger whole night, without any notification of being charged.. I tried power button , no activatiion, But when I tried volume up +power button , I get a vibration and fast boot mode logo on the screen. Then I hooked up to my mac and tried the fastback commands, no activation :( so obviously my screen works. and I have charge in my battery.. still crossing the finger ...

ramli7 likes this.
  15. ramli7 Jelly Bean Nov 29, 2015

ramli7, Nov 29, 2015 :
    The issue is developed only after the fall. Hence ( my opinion ) mostly SW issue is ruled out.How ever 1st we can try all possible recoveries in the SW side.

If your phone is OP1 you can try the following link, which will help to recover to stock 11S ( XNPH44S ). Giving a try is no harm..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/tool-oneplusrecovery-tool-v1-0-restore-t2991851

Tobikage and hasanacar like this.
  16. mwayner KitKat Nov 29, 2015

mwayner, Nov 29, 2015 :
    The screen will continue to work if it's slightly damaged; you just won't be able to interact with it. So no response to fastboot devices? Have you tried getting into recovery? Were you able to exit fastboot by simply holding the power button?

ramli7 and hasanacar like this.
  17. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

I simply longpresssed power button and exited fastbood mode.. but no go for the recovery since yesterday, I have tried many times for recovery..

ramli7 likes this.
  18. mwayner KitKat Nov 29, 2015

mwayner, Nov 29, 2015 :
    Sorry, more questions. Was it still connected to the pc when you pressed the power button? When the fastboot logo disappeared, did it vibrate?

ramli7 and hasanacar like this.
  19. hasanacar Gingerbread Nov 29, 2015

come on, please ask as more questions as you can.. I guess it was not connected to pc ... andI think it did not vibrate when the logo disappeared.

mwayner and ramli7 like this.
  20. Gonzo01 Lollipop Nov 29, 2015

Gonzo01, Nov 29, 2015 :
    when you press buttons, your phone should not be connected to power source or computer.

Nevabackdown, hasanacar and ramli7 like this.