Dropped my OPO face down to the floor from a table....

1. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa , Jan 9, 2015 :
    .... not a single scratch! :D

The screen is perfectly fine and so is the phone!

Thank God I used Tempered glass screen protector and phone case! But I thought that the tempered glass SP would break in those face down drops but it's amazing I don't even have to change the SP now :D

The "uprise lip" from the phone case (Ringke Fusion) probaly saved my SP ... So OPO owners, please do a favor for your phone and don't use the phone naked! Accidents can happen to you too as well!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

SoniaB, Axara, r6174 and 5 others like this.
  2. stijnie2210
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2015

stijnie2210 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Do you have a link to the case you are using? (a) you are very lucky it didn't break man.

netr0pa likes this.
  3. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I used Ringke Fusion :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Free-Screen-Protector-OnePlus-Case/dp/B00MQ72YTK

http://www.rearthusa.com/OnePlus-One-Case-Absorption-Premium/dp/B00MYG9F3Q

Funny thing is:

People are telling me that Ringke Fusion is so "big" and very ugly because it provides TOO MUCH protection but look at this accident!

It can happen to anyone and the day when it happens, all of those people who prefer "nicer" and thinner cases will cry in a corner just because their cases won't provide enough of protection.Try to get at least a case that has "elevated lip" around the frontal side of the phone so it protects the screen from touching the floor during accidents.

Better to be safe than sorry.

4. don-doe
    KitKat Jan 9, 2015

don-doe , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Mine fell today face down on a metal grid... Now I'm really happy that I use the rhino shield screen protector. Not a single scratch.

netr0pa likes this.
  5. richbrown68
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2015

richbrown68 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I had a similar experience. In my case, I dropped the OPO face down on the glass side of my tablet....so I had the double horror of worrying about either or both of them being cracked. Neither was. (Tablet is the Amazon Fire HDX 8.9, 2014 edition).

netr0pa likes this.
  6. Bill.canada.2014
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa likes this.
  7. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Yeah it comes with screen protector too as well :) But I would recommend you to buy an extra screen protector made of tempered glass.

It can be of any brands but it's good if it's made of tempered glass cause it will give you a "shatter proof" screen. It costs too much money to replace a screen and a tempered glass SP costs only around 10 USD.

8. sbfisher
    Eclair Jan 9, 2015

sbfisher , Jan 9, 2015 :
    My first android phone was a the original Galaxy S. Within a month of buying it I cracked the screen. It was sitting in my lap (didn't realize), I got out of the car and the screen fell face down on the point of a rock.

The screen didn't shatter, but it had a tiny chip in the middle of the screen and a hairline crack to either side, going left to right. I could still use the phone and it worked but the crack was annoying. I ended up using it for 2 years with the crack since it was a carrier subsidized phone and I didn't want to shell out $600 or something to buy a new one. (I got used to the crack eventually and didn't really notice it too much.)

Ever since I've put cases and screen protectors on my phones, because you don't want to be stuck with a damanged phone for years or have to pay a lot for repair or replacement.

netr0pa likes this.
  9. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Exactly! You did a great choice there!

I respect people's choice to use their phoned naked but it is just soo risky :(

But maybe they have money to afford a new one in case their phones break. I have a class mate with a naked OPO and it looks really nice with a naked phone but the day the phone falls down, that day he will start to panic.

10. Jamzieth

netr0pa likes this.
  11. gowtham
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2015

gowtham , Jan 9, 2015 :
    From India, as your suggestion I planned to buy this and how is quality of screen protector. And what type of screen protector it is. My opo TG cracked today, so sad. And what happens to your case after dropping.

12. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

netr0pa , Jan 9, 2015 :
    yes I did! :D I was 90 % sure that my real screen would be fine because I use tempered glass SP but I was also 90 % sure that my SP would break too as well :(

But luckily ,I don't even have to change my SP cause it's always a pain in the *** to change SP everytime. To keep away the dust from the screen when you apply SP takes so much time - even in the steamy shower :p

The SP I use right now on my OPO is this one:

http://www.ultimateshield.co.uk/oneplus-one-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

The good thing with this one is that they ship to ALL the countries in the world - for free :p

And also that it has perfect cut for the speakers. It's not like Nilkin where the cut is toooo long and it looks so ugly.

I have a Nillkin as a back up SP but I dont even know if Im gonna use it in the future since it looks so ugly with that long cut.

13. Axara

Axara , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Your title is SO MISLEADING..! Those last three dots at the end of the title made me think that the worst happened! Hahahah
    May I ask you what tempered glass screen protector are you using, if you don't mind? :)

14. nishikant945
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

nishikant945 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    very lucky !!! I use CaseBase tempered glass screen protector and OP hard protective case :)

15. Aaroneloy21
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

16. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 9, 2015

SoniaB , Jan 9, 2015 :
    It was your lucky day!!

kanno likes this.
  17. kanno
    KitKat Jan 9, 2015

18. Bonnie Kisiel
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2017

Bonnie Kisiel , Apr 14, 2017 :

19. Bonnie Kisiel
    Cupcake Apr 14, 2017

Bonnie Kisiel , Apr 14, 2017 :
    Dropped my Oneplus 3T from waist high onto tiles. I have a gold case $5 on ebay. Not a scratch. Nothing broken!