Dual 4g VOLTE on #one plus 6

1. F_Tarun_Kumar_zCvj
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

F_Tarun_Kumar_zCvj , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Its very irritating me when a network going to off to change the data network one Sim to another.... When ever i switch it to airtel... Jio automatically got switched off the network.... So we all wanted dual 4g VOLTE on #one plus 6....

Hisham Sharaf likes this.
  2. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 3, 2018 :
    Actually WE don't ,YOU do, I on the other hand will take the lower cost, not to mention better battery life of the current set up.

I'd be up for a special Jio edition with all the crappy features that only JIO users require just to keep them happy.

xnutzii, Petjitsu and iNtEnSePL like this.
  3. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 4, 2018

Gav_W86 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Well, the Snapdragon 845 that will be in the OP6 will support dual active, so in theory it will be able to connect to two networks at once (the Snapdragon 835 in OP5/5T is the limit to be dual standby). But the big downside will likely be increased battery use as it will be powering two sets of transceiver hardware instead of just one.

dalmia09 and otto2 like this.
  4. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2018

Beast✓ , Apr 4, 2018 :
    But Why Does the jio Network Goes Off while i change the data Connection to Voafone. I Simply Change the Network Of Vodafone to 2G/3G that means it Does not Use 4g So Why Does Jio Losts it's Signal eve though Network Selected as 4g in jio

5. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 4, 2018

BeingIncog , Apr 4, 2018 :
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 4, 2018

Gav_W86 , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Jio is a 4G only VoLTE network with no backup 2G/3G network unlike pretty much every other network. On a dual standby phone, unless the Jio SIM is the default data SIM and active on 4G you will get no service at all.

gotshoaib likes this.
  7. rohitjaiswal
    Donut Apr 4, 2018

rohitjaiswal , Apr 4, 2018 :

I can explain you. Volte works with DATA... and data highly takes on 4g than 3g than 2g.

In our case, Jio is a 4G network and device will be stick on 4g Signal on JIO SIM. where as Vodafone can switch between 2g,3g or 4g depending upon their nearby service area.

So, as I told you, Volte is stick with DATA Service from selected SIM. Therefore, if we choose Vodafone as 3g/2g or 4g for DATA usage. then Jio will loose connection from it's 4g network and go offline. Your Vodafone can be use 4g or 3g or 2g depends on feasible service area covered. but JIO will be offline as it loose Data connection while you were making vodafone as data service. But sd845 supports dual VOLTE. It means If you selected Vodafone as data service, still you will get JIO Volte network inpsite of using data from vodafone sim. I hope you understand this point.

otto2 and Beast✓ like this.
  8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 4, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 4, 2018 :

Provided phone manufacturer specifies dual radios. Its not all about the SOC.

gotshoaib likes this.
  9. rohitjaiswal
    Donut Apr 4, 2018

rohitjaiswal , Apr 4, 2018 :
    Dual 4G standby is not supporting.. one will be 4g then another sim must be in 3g or 2g. :)

gotshoaib likes this.
  10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2018

ghostofcain , Apr 5, 2018 :
    So you're saying it supports dual active but not dual standby that sounds unlikely?

11. rohitjaiswal
    Donut Apr 5, 2018

rohitjaiswal , Apr 5, 2018 :
    Yes, Dual SIM 4G Supported but not dual 4g Standby.... One will be on 4g another will be on 3g or 2g.

12. Shaileshkumar7
    Donut Jul 13, 2018

Shaileshkumar7 , Jul 13, 2018 :
    Oneplus 6 dual VOLTE support? ?

13. AnkurRajPrasad
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2018

AnkurRajPrasad , Jul 13, 2018 :
    In mine, I couldn't see VOLTE come up in Airtel which have this support.

Can you please let me know if any more settings I need to do, other than enabling VOLTE availablility in phone for Airtel?

Sim carrier belong to Delhi,IN Region!!!