Dual-Sim auto data switch?

1. yickhcr
    Eclair Sep 6, 2016

yickhcr , Sep 6, 2016 :
    Hi,

I currently have 2 sims in my OP3, both with data plans (SIM1 has 2GB/mth and SIM2 3GB/mth). Anyone know of a way and/or any idea if it is possible to setup the phone so that it will first use SIM2's 3GB and then when it reach a certain point (say 2.9GB) automatically switch over and use SIM1's data?

DrVikTroll and 36dbldz like this.
  2. F_Marc_Woodbridge_OVbX
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2016

F_Marc_Woodbridge_OVbX , Sep 19, 2016 :
    I've also got 2 SIMs in my 1+3 ..both have unlimited data - what i would like to do is choose which sim an app will use ... is this possible ?

3. vikeor
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2016

4. yanniehomogeniser
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2016

yanniehomogeniser , Dec 14, 2016 :
    If you go into settings and look under SIM cards, it has SIM 1 and SIM 2 in use, below that it says preferred SIM for "mobile data", "calls" and "SMS message". I think you can switch between SIM for data use there? I haven't tested it out myself but I need to use it soon so was searching the forum threads and got there.

Not sure if it helps you though..

EDIT: I had another look in the data usage settings, if you go to the 3 dots at the top and to mobile networks, there's separate options for the two SIMs. I think you can switch off mobile data for 1 SIM then use it dry then switch on the other one manually after?

5. jimcoan
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2016

jimcoan , Dec 14, 2016 :
    Hi Guys, I wanted to use a data only sim in my phone alongside my normal phone text and data sim but was told that phones were not compatible with data sims was I given the wrong info by the "salesperson"? I'm off for a couple of months so a Data sim would be really handy.

6. tusar8
    Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2016

tusar8 , Dec 14, 2016 :
    Go to data usage and set data limit. So when it reaches 2.9gb switch to the other sim. [e]1f44d[/e]

Jayendra404 likes this.
  7. diegojavierey
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2016

8. G_Mayur_Kale_IDgo
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2016

G_Mayur_Kale_IDgo , Dec 14, 2016 :
    there is no provision to switch the data from one sim to another. you may set the data limit as per your sim data plan for both sim cards. according to that once you cross the set data limit for particular sim you will get pop up on your screen then switch to second sim for data use. Also you can able to set the data limit as per your billing unit or from data pack validity start to end.

You may also try for below Android App. I haven't use this app yet but you may try.

upload_2016-12-14_9-28-48.png

9. duskoparis
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2018

duskoparis , Feb 19, 2018 :
    Hi. On my OnePlus 3,
    Can I select which sim slot to use per apps ?
    I want to use SIM 1 for all sata without instagram and Sim 2 only for Instagram.
    In the settings when I disable data use for instagram on SIM 1, it also disable it on SIM 2.
    Maybe some application for this ?
    Thanks

10. Alex_HERVET
    Donut Nov 28, 2018

Alex_HERVET , Nov 28, 2018 :
    Not sure how you can make it automatically, maybe with the great IFTTT app ?
    Anyway to switch manually very quickly, there is (at least since Android 8, unsure before) a Tile "Switch data sim" in the drop down quick menu.

F_Edina_Pap_ycRr, chigo58 and jmdesai like this.
  11. Dhruba1994
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2019

Dhruba1994 , Nov 19, 2019 :
    Hi,

You can achieve this by using an on screen data card toggler in the tile section. See the screenshot.

Attached Files: