dual SIM can't receive text messages

1. NickBush Donut Jan 11, 2019

NickBush, Jan 11, 2019 :
    The Google Fi SIM can't receive any text messages as long as it's not the default SIM for SMS in the system settings.

1547208865898.jpg

It's strange, cuz the other SIM don't have this problem at all. Texts show up no matter what for the other one.
    I know this use case it's rare, but I wonder why

2. NickBush Donut Jan 12, 2019

3. estarmer Froyo Jan 14, 2019

4. O1546745568447 Cupcake Jan 15, 2019

O1546745568447, Jan 15, 2019 :
    Im also having the same issue.

I am using a Oneplus 6t with dual SIM (ATT and Mint). When my settings are as follows, everything works perfectly fine.

Voice Call

Ask Everytime

Messaging

SIM 1 (ATT)

Mobile Data

SIM 1 (ATT)

I am able to send and receive MMS through both numbers.

When the Mobile Data is set to SIM 2 (Mint), I am only able to send or receive MMS through my Mint Mobile number. When sending through my ATT number, it just fails to send (also fails to receive). I tried messing with Mint's APN settings, but I've used the recommended settings already. Is this an issue with Mint's Data or is it ATT's number/sim not wanting to go through the Mint data (some sort of setting change?). Thank you.

5. Z1544840410751 Cupcake Mar 10, 2019

Z1544840410751, Mar 10, 2019 :
    I have an Honor View20, not a OnePlus, and I have the same setup/issue. I had Google Fi in as SIM 1 and default for phone, and SIM 2 (Mint) was default for data. I could send from both no problem. I could receive SMS messages from my Mint SIM (2) no problem as well. I could receive MMS messages for Fi without issues, but was receiving absolutely no SMS messages on Google Fi. Are you using the Google Messages app or did you try another app?

6. deedles916 Cupcake May 1, 2019

deedles916, May 1, 2019 :
    I just bought my OnePlus 6T phone and set it up last night. NO TEXTING!!! I can send, but I cannot receive. WTF!!! How do I fix this.

7. TacticalNewfy Donut May 24, 2019

TacticalNewfy, May 24, 2019 :
    I'm in the same boat. I have TMobile for personal and Verizon for work. I have data, make calls, receive calls, that's all perfect. I can send text messages from the Verizon number and they go through but I can't reply to them or receive.

Really looking for a solution here...

8. LeShaneCo Cupcake May 24, 2019

9. Sol2019 Cupcake Jun 8, 2019

Sol2019, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Hi there. I'm experiencing the same issue here. I have T-Mobile on SIM 1 and Verizon on SIM 2. I'm able to send SMS, MMS, and use data on both networks with no problem. On T-Mobile (SIM 1), I'm able to receive and reply to SMS/MMS back but for Verizon (SIM 2), I'm unable to do anything of that.

I figured maybe SIM 1 tray is the main or default one to use as your preferred network. So I switched the Verizon to SIM 1 hoping this theory would work and resolve the issue but unfortunately that didn't work.

I called Verizon (multiple times at different occasion) in regards to it and none of them are unable to resolve the issue. One Rep doesn't even know what a OnePlus is.... The rest wanted to go over the entire factory reset your phone, clear cache, network reset, etc, which I've already done those prior to calling them and refused to do it again. I've verified that the phone has been provisioned correctly on their network and still unable to resolve the issue.

Like I said, everything seems to work perfectly other that Verizon unable to receive SMS back. If this can be resolve either by the network providers or OnePlus itself, then this phone would be the best one I've used in a very long time.

I'll have to try other network providers if this issue isn't just a on Verizon. If other network providers such as AT&T, Mint, Metro, etc, then it could be just the phone. If so, OnePlus needs to fix this issue ASAP as it would be render useless when using the dual SIM capabilities stateside and abroad.

-Solomon

10. TacticalNewfy Donut Jun 8, 2019

Sol2019 likes this.
  11. Sol2019 Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

Sol2019, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update! The Verizon guys was able to push the feature on my phone and now its working completely!

TacticalNewfy likes this.
  12. TacticalNewfy Donut Jun 12, 2019

Sol2019 likes this.
  13. Jason_Breitweiser Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

Jason_Breitweiser, Jun 25, 2019 :
    I have the MMS issue. I have 2 AT&T sims in the phone, one work and on personal. I use the data of the second sim from work. Can not get MMS messages on my personal line (SIM1). I have to switch the default data sim to sSIM 1 to get the MMS to work. It is definitly a defect in the software because when I have an ASUS phone with dual sims this was not an issue at all. I called ATT and they wanted a reset. I called one plus and they threw their hands up and blamed AT&T.

Anyone have luck resolving this for AT&T.

14. Sol2019 Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

Sol2019, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Hi there,

Try the following instructions below:

First, the Internet APN should be set by ATT - call them to relay you have OnePlus 7 Pro phone.

You can check if correct by clicking "view internet APN" under the Settings which should have:

APN: "phone"

IP Type "IPv4" - default is IPv4v6

other settings leave blank

For MMS APN - again make sure ATT knows you have the OnePlus 7 Pro phone on your primary SIM, where you should have no MMS settings. If you have dual sim like me then need to these add MMS settings ONLY to second SIM:

APN: "Phone"

WAP Gateway (URL): "proxy.mobile.att.net"

WAP Gateway port: "80"

MMSC (URL): "http://mmsc.mobile.att.net"

MMSC port: "80" (if you leave blank it will auto-populate as 80)

Maximum MMS size - just leave blank (not 600K)

IP type: "IPv4" - not IPv4v6

Give this a shot and let me know if it worked for you.

I'm currently running T-Mobile on SIM1 as my personal number and SIM2 as my work number under Verizon (CDMA-less feature added for it to work).

-Solomon

15. acizurqpid Cupcake Jun 28, 2019

acizurqpid, Jun 28, 2019 :
    Just upgraded from OP5 to 7 pro. I have a dual sim (both at&t) setup where sim 1 is default for sms and sim 2 is default for data. Never had any trouble with MMS on the OP5 with either line regardless of what the default is. On the 7 pro, MMS works on sim 1 if everything is set to default to sim 1, however, MMS will not work for sim2. If i set everything default to sim2, then MMS will work on sim 2, but on sim1. I've played with different changes in the APN, with no success. Anyone with a dual sim setup and have MMS working on both lines? Thanks?