Dual sim card. Confusion

1. scatteril
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2015

scatteril , Aug 12, 2015 :
    HI
    I'm more concerned about how the phone will operate with dual sim card. Will it allows me to have 1 sim for calling and ither for data only simultaneously?
    In some countries the data + calls (1sim) is relatively expensive while having only calling sim card is cheap. The same goes to data sim card.
    In my country unlimited calling only card cost about 20$.
    Data only sim card is about the same. So 2 sim cards will cost 40$ combined.
    While if you choose 1 sim card with unlimited data and calling it would cost about 100$.
    Will op2 be able to help with that?

2. DRCH
    Marshmallow Aug 12, 2015

DRCH , Aug 12, 2015 :
    When I understood you right,this should work
    The seperate option

3. samueltanjk11
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

4. muttathb
    Froyo Aug 15, 2015

muttathb , Aug 15, 2015 :
    My dad has a dual sim.. The way it works is that he has the one set to one sim, which he uses his data... but if he gets a call on the other no, it will just fail through... but then you need to switch back to other sim... hope you understand that..

5. DiberT
    Froyo Aug 16, 2015

DiberT , Aug 16, 2015 :
    According to the setup sreenshot, you can use 1 SIM car for the DATA and 1 Sim Card for calls / SMS :

[​IMG]

Hope that helps

6. Deactivated User
    Aug 17, 2015

pauloli likes this.
  7. bertboy
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

bertboy , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Not correct.
    Both sims are available for calls simultaneously. One will only get a "busy" if the other one is making a call. First come, first served ;-) You can NOT make two calls simultaneously.
    You can choose wether to make a sim default for calls or texts or choose every time you make a call or send a text.

Only data is disabled when the other sim is making a call.
    While transfering data on one sim, calls or texts still can be received on both sims!

You can not make a conference call using both sims.

pauloli, ros782 and tanja3981 like this.
  8. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Oct 8, 2015

dsmonteiro , Oct 8, 2015 :
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_SIM

Provided you are using a phone bought through OnePlus.net, you'll have a global model with two IMEIs therefore being able to use the two cards at the same time.

9. darkwingz
    Froyo Oct 12, 2015

darkwingz , Oct 12, 2015 :
    there is a setting where you can set phone to ask you everytime which card to use when calling and also you will be able set data and messaging defaults

10. pauloli
    Eclair Oct 19, 2015

pauloli , Oct 19, 2015 :
    Additional solution: use call forward from SIM1 to SIM2 and the other way around to be able to receive calls on the active (in use) SIM during a pending phonecall.

11. kboczek
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2015

kboczek , Nov 8, 2015 :
    Hi... Will the US version of the oneplus x allow 4g data on either sims? I have AT&T in the US and Koodo in Canada and cross regularly. Currently using a nexus 5 with a dual sim ribon and switch manually. Will this be able to switch both phone and data sims automatically if each are set to home only? Or is it best to change manually as i do now? Should i even think to upgrade even? Running the latest Droid Marshmallow.