Dual SIM. How would you use it?

?

Would a dual SIM feature be useful to you?

1. Yes, I want it!

34.7%
  2. No, it doesn't make a difference.

25.1%
  3. It could be useful, but not a priority for me.

40.2%
  1. OnePlusDroid
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

OnePlusDroid , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Lyca for calling my family members *that also own lyca simscards* for free. And T-mobile for 3g/4g internet.

2. jsims19pe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2015

jsims19pe , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Don't need it. Would rather see OnePlus put what that would cost into something else in the phone.

3. bellola
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

4. mattd04639
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

mattd04639 , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Looks like @Cat H may have spilled the beans. :D

I would personally not have much use for a dual-SIM phone. However, someone who has to use one phone line for work, and a separate one for personal use would like the idea of only having to carry one device.

Additionally, folks who frequently travel from one country to another would benefit from using two SIM card in the same device.

5. ash23
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

ash23 , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Nope, not at all:). Way to add to the cost for no reason though!

6. SeveranExp
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

SeveranExp , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Coming from a user who had two dual sim devices (Huawei G700 and G750 if interested) and knows about many other brands of them, I can certainly say that while ON PAPER, dual sim is something that might be considered to be useful, it rarely is well implented. Huawei approach is horrendous, Samsung simply sucks. Android is not well optmized to use dual sims, or at the very least the changes needed veer off so much from stock android that building roms for it usually end on what the brand made originally. Just look at a couple of example and you will understand. I cannot for the life of me update any rom of my huawei devices. Samsung duos neither, all roms are based on the latest stock one, and rarely will you get updates. Taking this into consideration i'd rather have one sim, with a fairly well optimized rom with tons of community support, just like OPO:

kiran.sampathnr likes this.
  7. mydragoon

mydragoon , Jul 16, 2015 :
    now... if the SIM tray/ slot can do this...
    oppo_r7_sim_tray.jpg

i'm all for dual SIM.

that's an OPPO phone, btw... :)

so, what happened to that SIM tray leak on twitter? ;)

8. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 16, 2015

drmartin , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I think it's good when travelling. I personally can use it on a daily basis (I live in one country and work in another) so i'm stoked. :)

9. Deactivated User
    Jul 16, 2015

10. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

patstar5 , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I hope it has dual sim, with one being for one sim and the other can be used as either sd card or sim slot

11. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

mydragoon likes this.
  12. mannu_in
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

mannu_in , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Although I decided to stick to my One, but if there is dual sim in Two, then you have just got a new buyer.... Bingo!!!!

13. kiran.sampathnr
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

kiran.sampathnr , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Other than OPO I have always had a phone with dual sim (since I live in India and most of the phones are dual sim here) but I have never used dual sim till date... but I can see how it can useful in India (even my mom, dad and my brother have two sim connection and they feel it is useful)... So yeah it can be very useful but not for me I guess...

14. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2015

MaxLikesTurtles , Jul 16, 2015 :
    How much of an advantage would it be for those who are traveling? None, it'd basically just act as a carrying case for the SIM card. The point of a separate slot is for people that use two different phone numbers, and as far as I understand, it wouldn't be useful for anything else.

15. arjun.rs
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

arjun.rs , Jul 16, 2015 :
    @Cat H It would be fantastic. In India people always use dual sim handsets. I was missing my other sim. Is there anyway that we can get OnePlus two that supports CDMA network also. I am eagerly waiting for contests . If I am unable to win then will have to wait for some time to collect money

16. envyraw
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

envyraw , Jul 16, 2015 :
    There is no 'process' as such. Basically you insert two sims, either select one sim as default for certain actions eg sim 1 to be used all times for calls and text and sim 2 to be used always for data. Or you can set it to prompt every time you make a call so it will ask you before connecting whether you want to call using sim 1/2. Although some phones have limitations such as 4g/3g available only in one sim slot and other slot only gives 2g connectivity. Also, sometimes some phones only allow you to use data if you put sim in a certain slot. But those are rare cases as per my observation. Mostly, you can do whatever you want with whichever sim you want. Both sims are active simultaneously ie you dint need to switch between sims. and if you are on a call using sim 1 and someone calls you on your sim 2, depending on your settings/phone capability it can either appear as call in waiting or the caller might get a busy/switched off notification. Hope it helps.

JeffG3000 likes this.
  17. indomiui
    Froyo Jul 16, 2015

indomiui , Jul 16, 2015 :
    I don't accept dual sim card in the first time.
    But now, I do realized it's really a great things to have it.

18. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2015

sarin.j , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Absolutely for me. Its most useful when you travel between two different countries and then I can still keep my US # in roaming but still have a local# for making calls and data usage without incurring tons of roaming fees.

19. Hiraeth

Hiraeth , Jul 16, 2015 :
    More excuses for traveling :3

20. Donoban
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2015

Donoban , Jul 16, 2015 :
    Excellent!!!!
    One with Tmobile and one with Telcel!

This Phone will be the best!