Dual Sim is Just a GIMMICK, only one works at a time via OnePlus 7T

1. singh.anoop
    Eclair Sep 26, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 26, 2020 :
    This the same issue I am facing on my OnePlus 7T mobile. Initially I thought it to be Sim issues, so did below actions before I was able to zero in the actual problem and that also with NO SUPPORT AND HELP FROM ONEPLUS TEAM.

1. Got both sims changed,
    2. Got the team from both service providers at my current location to verify the network strength,
    3. Wiped the device settings multiple times,
    4. Wiped my device completely 5 times,
    5. Mailed OnePlus Support, they suggested the same actions as above and then stopped responding,
    6. Posted on Facebook, asked me to communicate on Messenger, but same story as above and same suggestions,
    7. Went to the Authorised service center, they checked the device and per them everything was fine,
    8. In the meantime FINALLY able to connect to phone support, I was trying to reach them, before the start of STEP#1 above, but on the step 8 and after 14 days and after 22 mins of listening to their monologue of "ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE BUSY", connected to them and was suggested two options after 42 mins of on call discussion
    a. Visit the Authorised Service Center again, same one as in STEP#7
    b. Visit the Exclusive OnePlus Service center, nearest being 200KMs from my location

AFTER ALL THIS TIRADE WHERE NONE FROM THIS ONEPLUS Team was able to provide any answers, I did below actions

1. DISABLED one sim on the mobile and BINGO, the data connection was like for the other sim
    2. RE-ENABLED the disabled sim and again the data connection started to crawl for both the sims and becomes unstable
    3. Now my both sims being VOLTE SERVICE ENABLED, I cannot disable the option "DUAL 4G Network",
    4. Tried disabling the option "Use VOLTE when available" for each of the sim but to NO AVAIL, the data connection remained unstable.

All of these 4 actions were neither suggested by any of the support channels I contacted which themselves have shown total apathy towards resolving the issue. The support personnel at the service center did showed the interest but they too failed to zero down the issue.

The questions that I have here:

Q1. If ONEPLUS provides the features for Dual Sim and VOLTE services why is it not working on my device in parallel?

Q2. Going through the community page I came to know that the issues with dual sim are known to the ONEPLUS team, then why no action has been taken to provide solutions to these?

Q3. Why no advisories have been issued and what are the delays in providing solutions to these issues?

Mobiles today are a part of daily work culture and deeply ingrained for daily efficiency in work outputs, and having a dual sim phone to provide a backup or parallel channel to add to this efficiency is what an individual plans BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THAT FOR ONEPLUS IT IS JUST A MARKETING GIMMICK TO LURE IN, rather than be a provider of that efficiency.

I now feel DECEIVED by a company who claims to bring the best of mobile technology at a fair price.

I also own a OnePlus 6T device and looking at its performance, I purchased this 7T device, the configurations for sim are same and the network works awesome on that device with both sims enabled, so it looks like OnePlus is creating a high end devices and bugging up or destroying the features which were already working in the next line ups.

2. mjain25
    Froyo Sep 26, 2020

singh.anoop likes this.
  3. singh.anoop
    Eclair Sep 26, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 26, 2020 :
    Thanks buddy, I have modified the APN configurations as suggested and I am finding a difference in the data connection stability after this change.

I will work with these changes for the next few days using the mobile USB tethering and Hotspot and if all goes well, will pass on this message to others facing similar issues.

Thanks again for taking time to understand the issues faced by me and suggesting a solution.

mjain25 likes this.
  4. singh.anoop
    Eclair Sep 29, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 29, 2020 :
    So I have been trying for last two days but the network becomes unstable as soon as second sim is enabled. Will keep checking for next few more days.

5. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2020

lpadvisor , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 29, 2020 :
    My experience with OnePlus 6T and 7T using a dual Sim is that the data connection mainly just uses one Sim for the data connection. This is even when I use the same network for both Sims because I have 2 phone numbers (T Mobile in my case). With OP I can only get HD Calling on one Sim. HD Calling makes a big difference in call quality so it's a shame I can only get it on one Sim.

I have a temporary, cheap phone with dual Sim for when I was getting my 6T repaired. It is an Umidigi (NOT recommended as a daily driver BTW). But in their promotional info they specifically said Dual LTE capability with 2 Sims. That phone was able to use HD Calling on both Sim.

So OnePlus isn't quite a full dual Sim phone. I guess is they never considered it a priority. It kind of sucks that a high end phone from a reputable company can't do HD Calling on both Sims.

singh.anoop likes this.
  6. singh.anoop
    Eclair Oct 3, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Thank you brother for clarifying this, I thought I was the only one who had issues, but now it's really sad to know the revelations made by you. Still only one sim works on my phone for network connectivity and I can just hope that OnePlus starts giving equal priority to the issues that phone really has as much as they give for the issues of UI and Imaging

7. singh.anoop
    Eclair Oct 3, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 3, 2020 :
    Nope, only one sim gives good network connectivity at a time, not both. Maybe now had to live with this. Thanks for your suggestions brother.

8. Shubham954
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2020

Shubham954 , Oct 4, 2020 :
    "Airtel and Bsnl" these two sim, i used in my oneplus 7T device.
    1. When both sim Switch On then Internet speed(upload & download speed) get slower in Kbps.
    2. And when I use only one sim (Airtel) ..i get higher quality of internet speed.
    == I don't understand why such type of fluctuations occur while i am using only Airtel for Internet in both condition.

9. singh.anoop
    Eclair Oct 8, 2020

singh.anoop , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 8, 2020 :
    That is my question too...let me tag someone from the OnePlus Product Team

10. silverthooth
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2020

silverthooth , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Listen, One Plus knows, I have been raising this issue from months. You all want the solution.... ?

This is their Twitter handle @OnePlus_IN , @OnePlus and @oneplus_support

Tag them all, copy this thread URL , Tweet about this broken dual sim issue at their every one Plus 8t promotional tweets. Spam the heck of their promotion that this issue get noticed, published in blogs, news article.

My solution is too harsh?

Smartphone with broken 4g internet connectivity, are you kidding me? I didn't paid this much amount for a broken device. If it's fixable with a software update, then fix it, end of story.

12. Angryaries77 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Try getting a VPN provider I'm on speedily it's awesome makes all speeds optimal buy combining them, I wouldn't usually recommend these as they never seem to work but so happy with them actually got unlimited plan which gives u alot extra data per month

13. Angryaries77 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Wrong apn configuration is usual culprit if it's even just aextra space in it messes it all upthoughrvwas issue with mine but for some reason my phone won't allow me to edit it