Dual-SIM Management for Call

1. Gaetan4225
    Donut Apr 6, 2016

Gaetan4225 , Apr 6, 2016 :
    Hi,

I had a Moto G before my OnePlusTwo and I have to tell that Dual-SIM was far better managed on it. On OPT the only option available to make a call with dual-SIM is to choose one SIM used for every call by default or to ask each time.
    On Moto G there is an option really usefull which is "Ask first". This means the first time we call a contact the phone ask us which SIM we want to use and then remember it for future calls. And it do it for each contact and number registered to it.

I've installed the Beta of Oxygen 3 but it still the same way of working as in OxygenOS 2 :-(

Why don't implement the same way of working than on Moto G ?

jorsal, aguilarch and stupidfox like this.
  2. stupidfox
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2016

stupidfox , Apr 8, 2016 :
    I would love to see this feature!

3. Sergio Rey
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2016

Sergio Rey , Apr 8, 2016 :
    I am exactly in the same situation.

I had a Moto G, and now I can't understand that I have to choose my SIM card every call.
    In fact I have my new movile since 3 days ago, I am really happy with it, but today when my company game me my new nano SIM (since today I have 2) and I have realized that it doesn't work as I expect, I change my mind, and now I'm thinking in return my phone.
    For me this is a huge failure, like if the phone doesn't work.

4. wurstsemmel2015
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2016

wurstsemmel2015 , Apr 8, 2016 :
    Yes, agree. The function I liked most on Moto G was the possibility to change the SIM after phone started to dial.

5. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 8, 2016

Tokolozi , Apr 8, 2016 :
    If you don't mind there is an app that gives you more possibilities afaik

6. mattjames1980
    Donut Apr 27, 2016

gigi1974 likes this.
  7. ecksor
    Donut Jun 12, 2016

ecksor , Jun 12, 2016 :
    Folks, need some help here.
    I need to assign certain numbers to be used for my SIM#2 Only. This is for outgoing calls. All my contacts, are on Gmail and I sync it with my Gmail account. I have used the option of ‘Ask First’, but it is a pain when making every single phone call.

All I need is to assign a few numbers so that when I call, it should be an outgoing call from my SIM2. Is this possible in standard OP2 – Oxygen 3.0.2 or will I need an App for this.

If using an APP is the solution for this, then I don’t mind. Can anyone suggest a good app to achieve this for DUAL SIM phones.

Thanks

martinovitz likes this.
  8. jorsal
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2017

jorsal , Jan 22, 2017 :
    Totally agreeing on that this
    phone is lacking an important feature here. I am using the dual SIM functionality to have my work and private phone in one. I would really like to have the option to let my work contacts being defaulted to the work SIM and my private contacts to the private SIM.

In my naivety I really expected that the phone had this feature when I bought it. My only option is to let the phone ask me every time. This makes the hands free dialing in car from the car radio impossible, as I have to select the SIM on the phone each and every time. If i select to use a SIM as default call, then ALL calls will be using this SIM. Very inconvenient.
    I was disappointed when i realized the feature was missing when I got the phone, and now again after updating to Nougat. Does anybody know if this feature will come anytime soon, either in official or Beta releases?

I don't mind if I have to select the SIM the first time I call someone new. But for the second time i call the same number/contact it should pick the same SIM. Alternatively the feature could be implemented per Contact list account, as I have different accounts for work and private. I guess my use case is quite common.

martinovitz likes this.
  9. Cristi_Istrate
    Froyo Jan 22, 2017