DUAL SIM - Overview

1. mav2000
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

mav2000 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Just downloaded and started using Dual Sim Selector and it seems to be doing the job. Just need to tell it once which sim to use and default that sim for that number and it works fine.

christakis likes this.
  2. WojtekS
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

WojtekS , Sep 22, 2015 :
    The factory phone dialer is poor. The most missing thing is a simple information on which SIM the call was made under form of a small icon on call list. It works this way on samsung phones, I have installed an app called True Phone that adds this functionality. It would be nice to have the same in stock app.

fellouss and christakis like this.
  3. maheshkayithe
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

christakis likes this.
  4. evilone
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

evilone , Sep 22, 2015 :
    good job

christakis likes this.
  5. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

christakis , Sep 22, 2015 :
    If you're a little smart with the phone masks it's even better. For example most of my work contacts start with the same few numbers, so I did a mast for that to use the work sim automatically. Also, if you typically phone one specific country/area from a specific sim, again just do a mask for the country / area code.

6. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Another app I highly recommend is Dual Sim Selector Pro.

WojtekS likes this.
  7. RistoEe
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

RistoEe , Sep 22, 2015 :
    One question, if SIM1 is default data and you are using data connection, is SIM2 always disabled when using data or only when calls are made?

8. mav2000
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

mav2000 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I dont think Sim 2 will be disabled when using data on Sim 1. That would make it a very poor way to implement as Sim 1 (Data) is generally on and whatsapp and mails are forever working in the background.

9. hellness
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

christakis likes this.
  10. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

christakis likes this.
  11. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

I disabled by WiFi and called my Sim 2 while downloading a large image through LTE on Sim 1. In that case it rang as engaged. I then repeated the test whilst tried browsing on normal websites and facebook and the phone call came through as normal. So in theory, if you are using data 100% it will probably ring engaged but in real life terms, it will be ok as data come in small chuncks and hopefully download faster than your eyes can read :). I suppose the problem is a bit more obvious when watching videos but even they buffer.... You don't have the prob when you are getting data from WiFi.

RistoEe likes this.
  12. RistoEe
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

RistoEe , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Thnx for testing.. I'm considering to put my work SIM also in OPT when I get it and trying to solve everything before that :) Would be much easier to carry on just one phone instead of two, which I'm doing now.

christakis likes this.
  13. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

No problem. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. To be honest, it's not 100% perfect like an dual active sim phone would be, but in realistic practical terms, it does the job more than well. I think you won't regret it. Give it a go.

14. muehsi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

muehsi , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have a similar question:
    I use two SIMs, SIM1 for phone calls and SIM2 for mobile data.
    While I am calling someone, do mobile data from SIM2 work or are they disabled?
    I really want to be able to use mobile data while phoning.

15. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

When you are talking on one sim, the other is deactivated so I suspect data will not work. It will work if you're on WiFi though.

16. subduc
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

christakis likes this.
  17. muehsi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

muehsi , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Thanks. Does anyone know any apps that disable this feature, thus I can use both simultaneously?

18. christakis
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

muehsi likes this.
  19. j.ubhoo
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

j.ubhoo , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I set the preferred sim for calls option to Ask every time, but when I Dial the number manually from keypad instead of contact it automatically change the settings to sim I used to make a call manually. Has anyone experienced this bug in OXygen OS 2.0.1...

20. familyguylee
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

christakis likes this.