DUAL SIM - Overview

1. bizwizone
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2015

bizwizone , Nov 26, 2015 :
    This is a major issue. With the Moto G even though I set aak every time it gave me the option to remember the person I called with which sim. So the issue in the car would not happen unless you called someone you hadn't before. Hardware is dope but they have some work to do on the User Experience on the software side.

2. everettsyj
    Eclair Nov 26, 2015

3. danieljones86
    Eclair Nov 26, 2015

4. Deactivated User
    Nov 30, 2015

5. altux210
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

6. Kb007
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

Kb007 , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Does this use a lot of battery

7. kostomorof
    Eclair Nov 30, 2015

kostomorof , Nov 30, 2015 :
    i really like the function of the sim on the dial pad, make thing easier than have a pop up;

8. simcha
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

simcha , Nov 30, 2015 :
    First, thank you for the detailed explanation!

I have a question about the actual calling (phone in use) scenarios.

Q1. When sim 1 is on an active call, will an incoming call on sim 2 get a busy signal? or will I see an incoming call on sim 2? - and if so,

Q2: will i see the caller id for that call? - and if so,

Q3: will I be able to answer the call on sim 2 while call on sim 1 is on hold?

Q4: will I be able to technically have 4 lines at one time on my phone? 1 call and 1 call waiting on each sim 1/2

I am not expecting these scenarios per se, I just want an understanding of how it will work, as in the past (years ago) I had issues with dual sim phones...

Thanks in advance!

9. babarlo
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2015

babarlo , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Thank you for all useful information. I'm new with OPT and I took it not only for the nice design and hardware but also for the dual sim capability.
    I'm noticing that when I pair the phone with my in-car bluetooth it happens that the phone switch to "always ask" for outcoming calls which results in a quite un-usable feature in the car.
    As far I understand it is a bug. Even if since 2 days ago It seems to me that I was able to use the preferred sim fior outgoing call now it seems that I'm not able anymore. Maybe I don't remember well..
    My question is:
    Is there any third party application you suggest which provides an override to the default sim manager that I can use to select the default sim for outgoing call?
    Thank you in advance for your kind suggestions.

EDIT.
    Gone back in the thread and found the Dual Sim Selector app. Just installed the trial version. I'm going to check if in the car it works.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

10. stanly01
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2015

stanly01 , Dec 11, 2015 :
    When are you going to fix this dual SIM prompt, I set the preference but it still ask me to select the SIM when I make calls or message etc...

11. jindalvinay
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2016

jindalvinay , Jan 21, 2016 :
    i have a problem with dual sim
    I have OnePlus two a2005, oxygen os 2.2.0 and I have 2 Sims, Wind (sim 1) & Rogers (sim 2).
    The first one is for phone calls, sms. The second is only for data. Same is updated in Sim Card settings

For both sim cards, it is using cellular network for sim2.
    Making sim1 to always go into roaming.

If anyone has experinced same issue, please help.
    I have tried switching sim cards but no luck

12. gas14
    Honeycomb Jan 21, 2016

13. Weegerink
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2016

Weegerink , Feb 12, 2016 :
    I've got my OPT a week ago and trying to figure out how to deal with my carkit.
    I've selected the option "ask which sim to use for each call"
    However, when I'm in the car, the OPT always may use sim 1
    So if I'm connected with my carkit, use sim 1.
    I've installed Dual Sim Selector, which has the bluetooth selection option, but now it seems that whenever my bluetooth is on, it will use sim 1. My bluetooth is always on...
    What am I doing wrong here?

14. gaurav1737
    Cupcake May 13, 2016

gaurav1737 , May 13, 2016 :
    hi...i am not able to find dual sim selector app in playstore. Can anyone share the link please?

15. Saeed Ashif Ahmed
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2016

christakis likes this.
  16. christakis
    Froyo May 16, 2016

17. christakis
    Froyo May 16, 2016

christakis , May 16, 2016 :
    Did you ever find a solution to this?

18. gkirko
    Gingerbread May 17, 2016

gkirko , May 17, 2016 :
    Possible issue both sims on a same network. I have this issue - when i connect to different network i see both running...

19. dejan16v
    Honeycomb May 17, 2016

dejan16v , May 17, 2016 :
    It is good that you had tested this.
    Anyway I think it would be usefull to state which variant of OP2 you are using, A2001 or A2003?