Dual SIM - select SIM based on phone number

1. sky76
    Eclair Apr 16, 2017

sky76 , Apr 16, 2017 :
    Sounds to good to be true. I wonder why they have not 'activated' that feature. Maybe some issues or bugs during alpha tests occurred?

Would be interesting to know *why* they did this.

Totally agree! Let's fwd this to Oxygen developers.

=> Any good place to start feature requests?

2. GIBbeer
    Eclair Apr 17, 2017

GIBbeer , Apr 17, 2017 :
    I tried on Twitter, here on forum new thread and in feature requests threads, on open beta app with feature requests form, on reddit...
    Maybe you can try to set new thread on XDA? I will comment there also.

sky76 likes this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Apr 17, 2017

sky76 likes this.
  4. AltLin16
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2017

AltLin16 , Apr 17, 2017 :
    a feature request might be helpful but this has been discussed in the past, and would have been a standard feature of android. Seems the pattern is that whenever the lack is mentioned helpful people point at alternative solutions, those who need it go for those and OP bides their time or just doesn't notice.

sky76 likes this.
  5. Lakhan30
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2017

sky76 likes this.
  6. Jo74520
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2017

Jo74520 , Sep 24, 2017 :
    Hi,

Do you guys have more information about that issue ?
    As Sky76 i had a moto g 2 that included that feature and It was the best. I changed recently for a honor 5c and It was à Big disapppointment when i had to select the sim card on every call.
    I am now looking for a dual sim phone that offers the same feature that moto g 2 regarding the sim selection, and without installing à third party app.
    I thought OP5 would be a good choice since oxygen os is close to Android stock, but apparently, It doesn't provide that sim/contact management that i had on moto g 2.

Did you guys find a solution since the last post on that thread ?

Thx

7. G_Jack_Young_Vkqf
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2017

G_Jack_Young_Vkqf , Nov 12, 2017 :
    any luck to find this feature on op5 this day?

8. Ma_Fi
    Eclair Nov 12, 2017

9. dstallabrass
    Eclair Nov 14, 2017

dstallabrass , Nov 14, 2017 :
    I can't believe this thread is still going with no OP comment! This is a problem I have struggled with on my phone for ages "oneplus 2". Now thinking of upgrading to the new oneplus 5t when it comes out and still this issue hasn't been resolved. This is seriously a no brainer and shouldn't be an issue to start with. I shouldn't have to resort to purchasing other apps in order to do this either.
    Guess my search for a new phone continues as there are loads to choose from!!
    Just sort it out already

10. G_Carlo_Grassini_CinP
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2017

G_Carlo_Grassini_CinP , Nov 14, 2017 :
    I have the same issue. I partially solved with Dual Sim Selector Pro, but I'm not totally satisfied. I'll explain why.
    I have SIM1-Personal for family, friends etc, and. SIM2-WORK for business. I would like my outgoing calls to be done with the SIM according to in which list the contact is, or to select manually if the number is not in contact list. Oneplus only allow three choices: all with SIM1, all with SIM2, or Ask every time. Nothing else. Disappointing.

The best option would be "Ask every time", but it's not acceptable for use with BT handsfree in car. If I have the phone in my pocket I cannot make calls because the phone waits endlessly that I appoint on the screen which SIM to use (there is not even a timer before choosing a default SIM - once again, SO disappointing).

With Dual Sim Selector Pro most of the above is possible, but it is a 3rd party app that aomehow "overcomes" the behavior of the phone and this is noticeable: what it does is basically to close the call started by the phone just immediately after you make it, and take control to make a new one, to the same number, according to the choices you made in its preferences. This is a bit confusong and takes some seconds of delay, besides the annoyance to have each time to make 2 call attempts to actually make one, and sometimes messing up with the callUI interface. But so far it's the best compromise I could find.

We really really miss a natively implementated feature for more flexible managing of Dual Sim feature in OxygenOS! Come on Oneplus, this shouldn't be a hard task...

ToruOgiwara and dstallabrass like this.
  11. Jo74520
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2017

Jo74520 , Nov 18, 2017 :
    +1
    I'm still looking on forums, desperately, to ses if that feature comes on the one plus. I had It on the moto g2.

12. TVTV
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2017

TVTV , Nov 28, 2017 :
    Guys, I do not use dual SIM, but since Oreo there is a new setting in the SIM & network section, Smart Callback. Did anybody give it a go yet? This might be what you are all looking for. :)

1511909124480.jpg

HellsDelight and AltLin16 like this.
  13. AltLin16
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2017

AltLin16 , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Thanks for the heads-up. I now also see a separate thread at https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/smart-callback.684758/. It seems to be a OnePlus thing, promising but maybe not yet completely ripe. So far I kept my office phone which has a different Sim format so can't try it it immediately.

14. HellsDelight
    Froyo Dec 14, 2017

15. Gadgetnutter
    Froyo Feb 1, 2018

Gadgetnutter , Feb 1, 2018 :

16. dstallabrass
    Eclair Feb 24, 2018

dstallabrass , Feb 24, 2018 :
    This function works well if you select a contact from your call history as it dials them directly from the SIM you chose when you first called them. This is halfway to where we want to go.

Now all we need is to be able to assign a default sim to be used when calling a contact. Either by setting a default sim under each contact within Contacts or by having the "use this sim for all calls" dialogue changed to say "use this sim for contact" when selecting a contact.

Well done Oneplus for getting part of the way there, we just need the rest of it implemented into the default dialer. Please please .. Pretty please!

ToruOgiwara and arhiggins like this.