dual sim

1. omer-golan79
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

omer-golan79 , Jun 26, 2019 :
    i use 2 sims in my op 7 pro, i put one of them as default sim for call, but still every time before i make calls i have massage that ask me to choose between the 2 sims to make the call.
    in my previous op3 the default sim worked perfectly.

thanks ahead

2. P. Taylor
    Donut Jun 26, 2019

P. Taylor , Jun 26, 2019 :
    On mine under settings- Wifi & Internet- Sim & network I choose voice and select sim. This works for me. if this is what you did then I believe you did it correctly.

3. ewoutbrandsma
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

ewoutbrandsma , Jun 29, 2019 :
    Actually, the problem is a bit reversed on my 7 Pro. I've configured the Dual SIM setting for the phone to ask by means of the popup which SIM to use when dialing out, and I like this feature.

However when I try to dial out hands free from my car entertainment system, it pops up this dialog box on my phone (which is somewhere in the car, but definitely not in my hands; illegal), effectively meaning I cannot choose this setting while driving. Hence, I cannot dial out handsfree from my car, unless I choose one default SIM to dial out instead of the popup.

Feature request: could I have the dialog box time-out after some time (e.g. 10 seconds) and then choose a default SIM?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019

4. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jun 29, 2019

5. ewoutbrandsma
    Cupcake Jun 30, 2019

ewoutbrandsma , Jun 30, 2019 :
    My previous device was a Google Nexus 6 with only a single SIM. My current device (OnePlus 7 Pro) has dual SIM. This is great, because it enables me to combine my personal and my business phone into one. Being able to select easily ("Ask every time") on which line to dail out for voice calls is what I want.

Regrettably that setting makes my 7 Pro useless in combination with my Mercedes Comand Online carkit. It simply freezes when dialing out, because the "Ask every time" dialog box appears on my phone in my pocket.

Therefore, I'd like this dialog box to disappear choosing a default SIM (e.g. SIM1) after a certain timeout (e.g. 10 seconds). If there is already a way to do this today, I'd like to know. If not I have a feature request for OnePlus :).

6. ewoutbrandsma
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2019

ewoutbrandsma , Jul 1, 2019 :
    Actually, I found out that even with SIM1 as default (i.e. car kit works), I can choose the SIM I want when dialing out by number or from the call history, yet no such option seems to exist when choosing a name from the address book.

Having that option would also address my issue.

7. BetancesAugusto
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

BetancesAugusto , Jul 27, 2019 :
    buenos días, tengo un OnePlus 5T resido en República Dominicana y quería saber, si viajo a USA puedo ponerle un SIM de cualquier compañía allá para recibir llamadas de USA?

8. cyayon
    Donut Jul 27, 2019

cyayon , Jul 27, 2019 :
    hi,

do you manage to use dual sim with dual visual voicemail ?

thanks