Dual SIM

1. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 16, 2020

mbze430 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    no from the XDA forum people try doing that seems to be more than just an firmware deal

2. ZerkerEOD
    Froyo Jul 21, 2020

ZerkerEOD , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 21, 2020 :
    I emailed them demanding a partial refund for an unfinished phone. $1k for a phone that isn't finished even after several months off being released is crazy. haven't heard back in over a week. they best we can do is email there support very few of their support people read these forums

mbze430 likes this.
  3. mbze430
    Froyo Jul 21, 2020

alkandery75 likes this.
  4. DrJay
    Donut Jul 21, 2020

DrJay , Jul 21, 2020 :
    I have about decided that maybe they CAN'T fix it with OTA upgrades.

5. ZerkerEOD
    Froyo Jul 22, 2020

ZerkerEOD , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    if you do make it a class action, I know a lot of people will join since we are tied of carrying two phones since we were lied to when we bought three phone then lied to again repeatedly.

darklazally, ctonylee and alkandery75 like this.
  6. DrJay
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

ctonylee likes this.
  7. darklazally
    Donut Jul 22, 2020

ctonylee likes this.
  8. alkandery75
    Froyo Jul 22, 2020

alkandery75 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Go for it, we'll support 👍

AGatilov and darklazally like this.
  9. killahbyte
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

killahbyte , Jul 22, 2020 :
    LOL, I love that One Plus made sure to support the new ear buds that come out Monday with this update. But nothing for dual SIM.

I don't get it i would rather see this staged and bring back the 4g dual sim support while they figure out 5g dual sim. But to remove the feature all together is yet another disappointment to customers.

darklazally likes this.
  10. killahbyte
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

killahbyte , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Also while i am here, why is there not official statement from support or the mods on the forums? All this silence makes customers feel they are not being heard or that OnePlus simply doesn't care.

anothervictim and darklazally like this.
  11. ctonylee
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2020

anothervictim, mpeitz and darklazally like this.
  12. Omar322
    Eclair Jul 23, 2020

Omar322 , Jul 23, 2020 :
    The OnePlus team is working on new cell phones but they have not yet completed the OnePlus 8 Pro to work with Dual Sim and still no one from the OnePlus team says anything they do not care about current customers only catch more customers but those who have are leaving us behind with the Dual Sim option

mpeitz likes this.
  13. alkandery75
    Froyo Jul 23, 2020

anothervictim and ZerkerEOD like this.
  14. DrJay
    Donut Jul 26, 2020

DrJay , Jul 26, 2020 :
    I'm not sure what is going on with OnePlus. The "official" system update listed on their web site for the 8 Pro is 2 updates behind what has already been sent to the phone.

15. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2020

Dark_Matrix_Guru , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    You have got to be joking me right now. I just bought a second SIM card and paid for the service just to be prompted with a message telling me I cannot use dual SIM cards.

16. carva1992
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

Attached Files:

17. easp
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2020 at 8:17 AM

easp , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 2, 2020 at 8:17 AM :
    This is ludicrous. They are selling an incomplete phone, lying about it, disrespecting an important portion of their customer base and on top of that, charging proud prices for it. Even if they get the OTA update through, this is deserving of a class action.

My wife and I are on 5Ts and feel like we walked two steps back with the 8, tmobile version.

Tmobile support is regurgitating the same as OP support.

Has anyone read or heard of a promised date or something more tangible than their OTA catch phrase?

18. darklazally
    Donut Aug 5, 2020 at 2:47 PM

darklazally , Aug 5, 2020 at 2:47 PM :
    If you have a device direct from TMobile store, the dual sim feature is disabled by TMobile, they have a special firmware flash, that disables the second SIM. If you have a device direct from Oneplus US store, then all we can do is wait for the OTA Update.

19. easp
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020 at 2:55 PM

easp , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 5, 2020 at 2:55 PM :
    Tech support is saying they will enable it when oneplus does. Not sure how that will work out though, since the phone physically has a single SIM tray.

20. darklazally
    Donut Aug 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM

darklazally , Aug 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM :
    I hope you are right. It's not been like that in the past models. TMobile has a custom firmware that purposefully disables the second SIM card. For previous generations, owners have flashed their phones with stock US firmware to bypass this lockout.

As for the SIM tray, if you have a stock SIM tray, simpy turn it over slowly, and there should be an open slot for the second SIM. They fit in the tray back to back.