Dual SIM?

1. b.boxstart
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

b.boxstart , Oct 9, 2015 :
    I am using dual sim with quite some success in Holland. However, there are some minor issues (or I just don't yet get it right).
    1. I'm using both sims for calling (work / private), but am using the work sim for calling out only occasionally. So I would like to use the private sim for outside calls, except for a few work related calls. However, I'm not able to set the private sim as default and occasionally select the second sim for work related calls. This works when using the numeric dial pad (there is a icon for each sim), but not when selecting a contact from my contacts list.
    2. As a result of the issue above, I've set my sim selection to 'always ask'. However, I've already noticed twice (not even after a firmware upgrade) that this setting automatically changes into 'Private' (sim in slot 1).
    3. When receiving a voicemail notification (SMS), I can't just use the call button to call the voicemail from the SMS app, because it always calls the voicemail of the private sim (sim 1).

2. mav2000
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2015

mav2000 , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Use dual sim selector and you should be goodgood. Try the free one and then buy

3. John j
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2015

John j , Oct 9, 2015 :
    Have you tried a SD card in second sim like other cheap dual sim phones

4. b.boxstart
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

Didn't try it, but read in a review that the OPT is not capable of handling a SD-card in the second SIM tray (the tray itself also is exactly the size of a nano SIM).

5. b.boxstart
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2015

Looks promising. I'll try that. However, I still think that this should at least work in the apps that are used by the OPT.

6. TheDemotion
    Froyo Oct 9, 2015

TheDemotion , Oct 9, 2015 :
    I think it will works really good i heard but i can´t test it because i have no OPT ;)

7. Agamiclem
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

Agamiclem , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I need it because I have 2 SIMs for different countries and I would like to have access to both phones with a single device.

8. Agamiclem
    Froyo Oct 10, 2015

Agamiclem , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Sell it, make somebody else happy. :D

9. b.boxstart
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2015

b.boxstart , Oct 10, 2015 :
    I am using dual sim selector for a few days now. Works good. Especially the learning functioneren is helpful.

10. i love carebears
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2015

i love carebears , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Yes I thought dual sim was working great until I tried testing it by ring my mobile numbers.

Works OK if your phone screen is live but can act as if your busy when try to call.

Randomly goes to message service when neither number is being used.

I have tested this properly and can asure you we need a software update onepluss developers.

Disapointing.

Deactivated User likes this.
  11. pingug
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2015

pingug , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Not without logging in and out so no

12. pingug
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2015

pingug , Oct 10, 2015 :
    Using SIM1 for work and SIM2 for personal data, works fine, don't know about any call problems

cpimenta likes this.
  13. cpimenta
    Froyo Oct 13, 2015

cpimenta , Oct 13, 2015 :
    How do you choose the SIM to do a call from the contacts? I've my OPT since yesterday and didnt find it yet. Notice it's possible to choose the SIM when you do a call manually but from the contacts didnt know. Thank you for any advise.

14. Hennesjean
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

Hennesjean , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Buy an app because the OP2 is not doing its work properly.
    Wish I never bought this phone..

15. b.boxstart
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

b.boxstart , Oct 13, 2015 :
    Agreed, but then again, People are buying apps for things that the phone can't tdo all the time. Paying a few Euro's to support this functionality that most phones don't have isn't really a problem for me....

Hennesjean likes this.
  16. harsha_b
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

17. Police994u
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

Police994u , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Mines work flawlessly, dual sim works perfect I am in Toronto. Had to use Bell for Data and rogers for unlimited talk . cannot use two bell simm cards or say nell and wind

18. oreomonster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2015

19. htchen76
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

20. fholtsberg
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

fholtsberg , Oct 30, 2015 :
    I am using a dual sim in the USA. Both are AT&T (one is for work and the other is personal). Be aware that only one sim slot works at a time so if you are on a call with sim 1 then you cannot use sim 2. I have noticed that I cannot even use the data or send messages on sim 2 until I have disconnected the call on sim 1. Otherwise I have not had problems with either sim slot.