Dumb customer logic...

1. JoshBaldassarre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2017

JoshBaldassarre , Jun 11, 2017 :
    What I'm going to talk about happens a lot over my years watching companies like OnePlus evolve and reviews of new tech products come out.

When a new product comes out, you buy it if you like it, done deal right? But no, if a company comes out with a new colour (iPhone AIDS edition) or a slightly upgraded chip (I'm looking at you Kaby Lake) a few months after the initial release, I start to hear things like "Should I upgrade from the last gen?" or something similar.

This is dumb, mainly because you're dishing out another $500 to whoever the f*** knows for something that will not benefit you in any way other than "hey, it's new!". Apart from the fact that performance is a pretty dumb nowadays since the average consumer won't notice sh** of a difference (unless you do heavy creative work or heavy gaming). A good example of this was the OnePlus 3T, the 3T is a great phone, but people who bought the 3 a few moths earlier were asking if they should upgrade, why? Because it was new. The difference was big enough to convince some earlier adopters from a year or two ago, but if you spend $400 every few months you'd better have a good salary. I've also seen tech YouTubers saying whether "It's worth the upgrade".

Be real.

All I'm saying is enjoy what you have, I sure am, I have an OP2, and sure it isn't getting nougat, but it works, right?

Also, a disclaimer, I'm not saying everyone is like this, I'm just pointing out an annoying thing that's been bugging me for a while.

But know what isn't new? A Walkman, a GameCube and the N64, but I want them, cause I'm a sucker for old shizzle, so if you're into new stuff and have the cash, go get it. But don't sound like an idiot and say "Should I upgrade from my 1 month old device?" cause then you don't sound like an enthusiast and you'll have people like me making useless threads like this.

If you couldn't be bothered to read this whole thread and just read the bottom reply with a "."

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 11, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Jun 11, 2017 :
    A fool and his money are soon parted.