During Phone call my mobile Data 4G/3G/H+ goes off

1. Hudgurs
    Donut Feb 7, 2018

Hudgurs , Feb 7, 2018 :
    Hi All,

Since few days I have been noticing that whenever I make a phone call my mobile data goes off. What I mean by this is whenever I make a call this icon showing 4G or 3G or H+ at the top just disappears.

Does it mean the data is off or is it just a feature? I am on latest open beta.

I have observed th issue happen even on OTA as well.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks
    Suhas

2. G_Avee_B_Xaxb
    Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2018

G_Avee_B_Xaxb , Feb 7, 2018 :
    i guess thats how it works, if u make a phonecall using the sim u set as default data sim then u will be temporarily disconnected to ur data connection while call is on progress. But if u make a call using the other sim that isn't the default data sim then that's another story.

3. Bogeyd
    Gingerbread Feb 7, 2018

Bogeyd , Feb 7, 2018 :
    It depends on network also what it supports. For example my provider support 3g/2g calls only so it will drop from 4g to 3g.
    If both your provider and phone supports VoLTE in your network, then also 4g would be working during the calls.

4. Tapan Kumar
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

Tapan Kumar , Feb 8, 2018 :
    Yeah same thing happening with me. Previously if my network is on 4g and I get a call it used to drop to H+, but now not showing anything. Even wifi not working during call. After disconnecting works fine.

5. kaushik98
    Donut Feb 8, 2018

kaushik98 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    In the network 2g/3g/4g internet and calling are separate terms so when you are using internet and you receive a call automatically internet shuts down so the 4G volte comes in where internet and calling work simultaneously.

6. Tapan Kumar
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

Tapan Kumar , Feb 8, 2018 :
    That happens if ur network supports volte so that if data session is going on it doesn't fallback to H+, but if doesn't and its normal 4g, usual data session should carry on at reduced speed in H+. It used to be like that before the update. Also the wifi is not working while in a call. So that's a bug actually

7. BasileHa
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2018

BasileHa , Feb 21, 2018 :
    Hello,
    I have the exact same issue on a 5T.
    I have 2 SIM in the phone, but all voice and data are setup to use SIM1.
    I discovered the issue while driving and using the GPS on the phone. I receive a call and so pick up using a hands free device. But I lose all data, and thus the GPS app can't download the map anymore.
    In my opinion this is really a bug, as I used to have this working on other phones (LG G4 for instance).
    Is there anyone at OnePlus who could advise on this issue? Maybe a workaround in the settings to have this working? Like forcing data on 2G/3G?
    Thanks!

8. SimonRam
    Lollipop Feb 21, 2018

SimonRam , Feb 21, 2018 :
    If you've set all voice/data to use sim 1 then it will switch off one if you're using the other.
    Enable both.

9. Herve09
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2018

Herve09 , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I once had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the problem was the same.
    No data during phone calls, idem with my OP 3T.

10. BasileHa
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2018

BasileHa , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I am sorry if maybe my post was not clear.
    I have 2 SIM cards, one per slot. I always use the SIM from slot 1 for everything, as the one from slot 2 is more of a backup one. So I have already all setup done to use sim1 for both calls and data (and messages).

11. SimonRam
    Lollipop Feb 21, 2018

SimonRam , Feb 21, 2018 :
    I get that, but if you receive a call on sim one it will disable data on that same sim.
    If you have your Sims set up for calls/text on one and data on two then it should carry on working.

12. BasileHa
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2018

BasileHa , Feb 22, 2018 :
    Thank you very much.
    Still I don't see how this is not functionally possible, when it is working on other phone brands (I had a LG G4 with only one SIM before my OnePlus 5T, and it was working fine).

13. SimonRam
    Lollipop Feb 22, 2018

SimonRam , Feb 22, 2018 :
    Could be if it's set to volte? Both voice and data will then be vying for it..

14. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 22, 2018

luigimario , Feb 22, 2018 :
    I have 2 SIMs, one for calls and text and one for data. when I get a call or receive a MMS message, my data connection stops. it's kind of irritating when I'm doing something online or playing a game and lose connection.

15. BasileHa
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2018

BasileHa , Feb 23, 2018 :
    I don't have any visible setting for VoLTE. Tried some changes mentioned on the forum, but still no option visible, so most probably my carrier does not support it.

16. AlaminShuchi
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2018

AlaminShuchi , Jul 8, 2018 :

17. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Jul 8, 2018

anupritaisno1 , Jul 8, 2018 :
    Your carrier needs to support a new feature called "EAB/Presence"

If you're in India there's not even a talk of getting the feature

What's going on? 4g and 3g networks are incapable of having both voice and data at the same time so the phone falls back to a lower network (2g or sometimes 2.5g) to do calls

This issue doesn't happen on reliance jio. They use the VoLTE which doesn't have the issue

Tl;dr your carrier must support VoLTE or EAB/Presence for data during calls

18. omer619
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2018

omer619 , Sep 19, 2018 :
    I have the same sort of problem. I am using only one sim.
    while I am on call my 4G connection drops to 3G which is normal but the main problem is that while on a call even in 3G I am unable to connect to data connection which too annoying.

19. Billy_Xd
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2018

Billy_Xd , Nov 19, 2018 :
    Same sim card , same network , my iPhone X wont drop the 4G but my OnePlus 6 is loosing all data !

I dont see any settings to avoid this. For me its definetely a software/hardware issue of OnePlus

20. xer0w
    Froyo Dec 29, 2018

xer0w , Dec 29, 2018 :
    This is 100% a bug/ issue. It's not normal behaviour for your phone to lose data connection whilst making a phone call, any decent modern smartphone should be able to handle this multitasking operation, let alone one with a Snapdragon 845!

I have access to three different phones, a Xiaomi redmi 3S, WileyFox swift 2 and my 6T.
    ONLY the 6T drops my data connection when making a phone call, I have used the same SIM to test, so it's not the carrier. I'm pretty sure this used to work, as I make quite a lot of conference calls handsfree and often need to use Google whilst on a call.