Dying to Survive – The Future of Feature!

1. Ologu Alexandru Mihai , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Jun 21, 2020 :
    A OnePlus feature phone?? Yes I'd buy that.. but it needs to have the following: decent camera atleast 8mp on the back, a DAC for hi-res audio, 3.5mm jack, Bluetooth with LDAC and LL aptX and maybe(not important) being able to attach an external DAC.

YRJ likes this.
  2. MiltonSarkar , via OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Very Good Read...

Yes it is true that Feature Phone are on decline but still there is a set of population who just want to do the basic stuffs out of their phones... like Calling and SMSs.. They certainly prefer Feature Phones.

Well I being one of the user... I do not think I would like to move back to Feature Phone... One reason might be that I have been a part of NBU long back and I have come a longway from being using Internet for the First Time till making it an integral part of my life. However I do like to have two important aspects of the Feature Phones in my Smartphone which has been rightly highlighted in the Article above... That would be Longer Battery Life or Bigger Battery And Durability... I would want the Battery of my Phone to sustain for atleast 2 days despite heavy usage and ofcourse I would like my phone to sustain any injury even if it accidentally fall from certain heights... Am sure no one like to use a Phone with broken Glass... Right?? It would be great if Smartphone Companies including OnePlus can work towards these two aspect and redefine Smartphones rather than going for making Feature Phone... It would be like taking some steps backward in an era where everyone wants to be 10 steps ahead of any other companies...

I strongly feel with the Brand Equity OnePlus has built over the years, they should now venture into other progressive categories like Smart Watch, Tablets/Laptops, Projectors etc.

YRJ and Immi007 like this.
  3. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2020

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 21, 2020 :
    YRJ

It's very simple actually: there's a cat, A smart cat, A feature cat and a smarter feature cat. Which one fits "6x zoom" ?

Or even smarter, there's Schroedinger's cat - sort of the one, like most cats, appears to be either here or there or neither here nor there or all 4 at the same or different times?

Immi007, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 21, 2020

YRJ , Jun 21, 2020 :
    I work in the business sector, my daily tasks are mainly monitoring the inventory and regulating purchases. Surprisingly, I need very few softwares to ensure the smooth operation of business. Previously , Tally - an accounting software, was only accessible via the laptop or a Personal computer hence, my day-to-day was highly dependent on it. But now, thanks to 3rd party extensions they allow me to stay in control and make accessible all information I need at my fingerprints OTG. So even if I do forget my work laptop at home it isn't much of a hassle.

However, there are some obvious advantages. As you point out - bigger screen. But I think that that too can be fixed when foldable devices become mainstream and most importantly, affordable.

It's very simple actually.

The phone was always called that - A phone and (more or less) here's how it looked: cda097f4fae2250eb0be40da8f816e12.jpg

As you can see they couldn't do much, except call others (which too was a very expensive affair)
    It was much later did these phones get the added functionality such as: a brand new GUI, the ability to send text messages, FM Radio, torch, calculator etc.....

It was then that they got the prefix "feature" for all the things that they could do in comparison to the earlier generation phones. The new features gave the phone, the prefix feature.

And then phones started getting touch displays, internet connectivity, apps and the feature prefix was switched with Smart!

Hope that makes sense 😅

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2020

6. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2020

Immi007 and YRJ like this.
  7. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 21, 2020

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 21, 2020

YRJ , Jun 21, 2020 :
    Lol!
    Hahah! Then ok :p

Immi007, Batman360 and Dresa91 like this.
  9. V1592765208027
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2020

10. suraj1595
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2020

YRJ likes this.
  11. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2020

YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  12. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 22, 2020 :
    Makes jolly good sense to me - thanks. It helped me get a good night's [e]1f60a[/e]

YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 22, 2020

YRJ , Jun 22, 2020 :
    haha! I'm glad :D

Dresa91 likes this.
  14. keithgpowell

keithgpowell , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 22, 2020 :
    In crime stories, etc., frequently "burners/throw aways" phones are used. Are these featureless feature phones?

15. manojsurya99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 23, 2020

16. JoshCruz
    Donut Jun 23, 2020

JoshCruz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Feature phones are niche products. I'd rather look forward to the one, true convergence of my smartphone and laptop. That device from One Plus I'll buy!

17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 23, 2020

YRJ , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Aha! Very interesting. Now that's for another "dying to Survive" :D

Immi007, keithgpowell and Dresa91 like this.
  18. controlcrazy
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2020

controlcrazy , via OnePlus 5 , Jun 23, 2020 :
    @YRJ you know something about launching of classic phone. Just now saw the OnePlus classic phone image circulating in the internet. Tell us more Bro please. I am eagerly waiting

19. mayursk
    Froyo Jun 23, 2020

mayursk , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 23, 2020 :
    Present generation and next generation wants better technology faster one newer one ,so if OnePlus invests in feature phone , it wont b a great deal ... Everyone wants new technology why wasting time and money in old one's..

20. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 23, 2020

YRJ , Jun 23, 2020 :
    That's a fake. Carl is only trolling. I know absolutely nothing about it. :sweatsmile:

Immi007 and controlcrazy like this.