Eagerly awaiting TWRP Multirom for OnePlus 2, and news?

1. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2015

ogriff , Aug 29, 2015 :
    @dsmonteiro
    @XQ55
    @waicool20

...and to many others!

Any news on TWRP Multirom for Oneplus 2?

I'm thinking that it's achievable given that TWRP has already been compiled, unofficially.

Here to help if I can, but absolutely clueless.

2. waicool20
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2015

waicool20 , Aug 29, 2015 :
    I don't see it coming too soon, the phone is barely a month old and not many devs have there hands on one yet, wait for maybe a couple more days/weeks, more and more roms have been rolling out as of lately so be patient ;)

ogriff likes this.
  3. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2015

ogriff , Aug 29, 2015 :
    The github looks reasonably straight forward, even more so given that we already have twrp, plus now at least 3 different ROMs to select.

4. waicool20
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2015

waicool20 , Aug 29, 2015 :
    When fingerprint support comes/is fixed on those roms, then that is the time....(devs will focus on other features)
    patience you must have my young padawan

5. Grarak
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Aug 29, 2015

Grarak , Aug 29, 2015 :
    TWRP has nothing to do with multirom. You won't see multirom any time soon. Kexec hardboot does not work with 64bit.

6. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2015

ogriff , Aug 30, 2015 :
    So when I've been using modified TWRP multirom to add roms, that had nothing to do with multirom.

Hmmmm interesting :rolleyes:

7. Grarak
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Aug 30, 2015

Grarak , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Multirom "magic" happens in kernel. But well if you think that TWRP has anything to do with multirom...none of my business.

xxBrun0xx likes this.
  8. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Aug 30, 2015

ogriff , Aug 30, 2015 :
    Sorry but that's how I've used it, but thanks for your useful comments.

9. npasha001
    Gingerbread Aug 31, 2015

npasha001 , Aug 31, 2015 :
    Unless the Developers are in reservation list they may need to wait else they can work on their one plus one for testing...

10. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2015

Tyronnster , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Looking forward to it.

Just had to updates multi rom in play store an thought was for one plus 2

Gutted

11. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2015

ogriff , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Look through development section here on the OP2 forum. Hoping @KINGbabasula can work some magic for us. Beware though, some angry people don't want to see this happen. I don't know why.

12. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2015

return.of.octobot , Sep 20, 2015 :
    I think what @Grarak was trying to convey is that TWRP does not correlate with or influence the implementation and function of MultiROM directly, rather a modified version of TWRP is required to support it's features.

For example, MultiROM can be flashed using standard TWRP, it's just that you wouldn't actually be able to use it without a modified TWRP that includes the required MultiROM actions.

ogriff likes this.
  13. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2015

ogriff , Sep 20, 2015 :
    No I understand that, but without the modifications and boot selector, the fact that the kernel has a clever patch would mean nothing to me, it has to be practical and useable. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for people trying to help and those with more knowledge than me, I appreciate Grarak and his contribution to rom development, however some of us are only enthusiasts with an end user perspective. Sadly, how it works means less than does it work and can I use it easily.

14. xxBrun0xx
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2015

xxBrun0xx , Sep 21, 2015 :
    If you want to actually help with this, learn to write your own kernel (lots of guides out there and source code freely available for our phone). Even if you never publish it, you'll learn a ton. And who knows, maybe you'll even be able to get multirom working ;)

ogriff likes this.
  15. ogriff
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2015

ogriff , Sep 21, 2015 :
    Just read elsewhere that you like what AK is doing for OP2. Good isn't it?
    I guess you know how he got his device, I was hoping people would support @KINGbabasula with multirom development. His hard work for OPO was probably my most used, favourite aspect of the device, which elevated from good to excellent. Glad you see others appreciating people's work too :)
    As for me, I work long hours editing TV shows here in the UK and my tech literacy beyond putting hardware (pc) together is sketchy at best. I haven't got much further than a few useful windows powershell scripts when it comes to code.

16. Tyronnster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 26, 2015

17. Dandroid534
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2015

Dandroid534 , Oct 13, 2015 :
    You must have special kernel for multirom. Multirom twrp is modified twrp so you can flash to different installs through recovery. Multirom twrp is not multirom, it is just a modified twrp.

When you press reboot and you get to select the rom, that is multirom.

ogriff likes this.