Earbuds with Mic?

1. dmo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 11, 2014

dmo , Jul 11, 2014 :
    Yes thats my issue, but JIRA isn't a forum for discussion, which is why I posted here.

My problem with what the dev has done was he closed the issue without a thorough discussion of the issue. The thing is even if Apple's earbuds are wired differently, they work (both output and input) on many phones like the Nexus 4, 5, S4, and M8 (I've personally tested phone calls on all). So it sounds like there's something on the software side that seems to allow these Earpods to work. So why not the OPO? Is the OPO flat out missing hardware?

2. Kailash Ravuri
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2014

Kailash Ravuri , Jul 14, 2014 :
    Yaa i know jira is not discussion forum :). I just wanted you to go to the issue and click on like button. If we get more likes then they will take it as mostly reported issue to make a quick fix in next OTA update. Enjoy using OPO. :D

3. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

Tuamammatroia , Jul 14, 2014 :
    It's an issue already reported to cyanogen... My earbuds mic works great with my iPhone and my nexus 5..

4. hazzavg
    KitKat Jul 14, 2014

hazzavg , Jul 14, 2014 :
    Except the nexus 5

5. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

6. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

7. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

Have also Nokia hearphone by monster and works on lumia, iPhone and nexus, except the volume button on the wire only works on lumia..

8. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

So in theory the Nokia mic shouldn't work on iPhone?
    Mine from lumia 920 are working... On n5, lumia and iPhone...

9. ngocan38
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2014

10. SolarTrans
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 14, 2014

SolarTrans , Jul 14, 2014 :
    My Bose IE2 for iPhone's mic has worked with every Android phone I've owned so far except the OPO.

11. Izzy
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2014

Izzy , Jul 14, 2014 :
    So it’s confirmed that apple headphones do not work with the OPO? I’ve tried my pair just now and the mic does not function ... it worked fine with my nexus 5 so this is a huge blow is there a fix for this besides buying a new pair of headsets

12. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

Buy a new one and hope they will works :(

13. Izzy
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2014

Izzy , Jul 14, 2014 :
    I really like the apps earopods lol, but I did more searching and it appears that THEY WILL NOT work with the OPO bummer I need another headset with mic

14. Tuamammatroia
    Froyo Jul 14, 2014

I meant buy any other headset and pray they will works... Will be glad if staff can suggest what to be used and give some sort of official statement about it... Maybe as announcement will be glad to have member informed what they need to buy while OP is not giving any headset with their phone...

15. kodochax
    Honeycomb Jul 14, 2014

kodochax , Jul 14, 2014 :
    This is annoying why is it that headsets that work with every other android phone/tablet all of a sudden can't work. Silly decision on OP part. The other part that annoys me is that even if the mic doesn't work the phone still knows a mic is attached and won't use the internal mic. I'm using soundabout for now anyone else who needs this work around(turning off the headset mic) install that app don't worry you don't need the pro version, then --->wired headset behavior--->wired headset microphone(uncheck this).

This will force the phone to use the Oneplus mic so atleast you don't have to unplug your headset every time you get a phone call.

16. hayes
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2014

hayes , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Just found this out today. Mic definitely not working on all 3 of my mic'd earbuds.

17. jimsnon
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2014

jimsnon , Aug 2, 2014 :
    I have monster DNA earbuds. I can listen to music just fine. The controls don't work and I can't use the mic or phone calls.

18. fireandknives
    Donut Oct 9, 2014

fireandknives , Oct 9, 2014 :
    This is not a software problem.
    This is a hardware choice. The default on all TRRS was OMTP (Left Right Mic Ground) until Apple was like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "We're different!" and made their phone Left Right Ground Mic (CTIA / AHJ). For a while US Android phone manufacturers kept to OMTP, but then pussied out and surrendered to Apple.

The reason Apple headphones don't work on OMTP is because the Mic is connected to ground. Short of reversing the R-2 and S, plugging in the headphones results in left and right connecting and while Mic and ground are disconnected. EDIT: Adapter Adapter I don't know if the adapters work. mod Apple patented the way that their headsets interact with their phone so only the mod lets the controls work. other post

The reason LRMG was (is) the standard is the that every other headphone plug has the ground on sleeve (first two in quote as well as other headphone connectors). This way any headphone made before Apple's phone would have a slight buzz (ground not connected), and you'd end up buying new headphones (from Apple).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

19. singlefintj
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2014

singlefintj , Oct 10, 2014 :
    Anyone know what watch that is?

20. mwoolley
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2014

mwoolley , Oct 10, 2014 :
    I believe there is a fix for this, let me search.