eBay a buzz today with invites and phones lots for sale

1. ziprom
    KitKat Jul 4, 2014

ziprom , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Yes, that's the point they profited substantially via a phone they didn't even want.

2. Jorsher
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2014

Jorsher , Jul 4, 2014 :
    What is OP going to do about it, stop giving out invites? You think people won't just sell the phones instead?

There's going to be a grey market, no matter what.

Gusgustav likes this.
  3. cas8180

cas8180 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Invites I believe are the biggest part of the problem I firmly believe that if they just would have stuck with a preorder system that would have mitigated this chaos.

4. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Bigbrutis , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Another reminder that the world is not a fair place. That's what happens when you sell something below it's actual value compared to the market. Supply and demand work to adjust prices higher until demand is met.

Gusgustav likes this.
  5. Jorsher

Jorsher , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Every product that has a higher demand than supply gets sold for stupid prices on ebay. I know because I've done this with a few consoles.

All that would have happened with a preorder system is that people would be selling the actual phones for high prices instead of the invites. It sucks, but it doesn't matter what system -- if there are more people wanting them than what's available, it'll happen.

Gusgustav likes this.
  6. cas8180

cas8180 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    Selling invites and selling phones are completely different. I think you are missing all the effort that people have to do just for a chance at a invite. If its a phone they can buy it or not. Period.

The fact that people are selling the invites for profit is litterally a slap in the face to all those who have tried and failed and played all of one pluses games to try and get one. And that is why it is so controversial. And that is why so many people are pissed and flame OP

vaibhavkapoor27 likes this.
  7. slimtom

slimtom , Jul 4, 2014 :
    It would be nice if the people at the One could stop this but I guess it's all legal. I for one would not sell an invite, much less my Onee, when I get it.

8. quicksilver33
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

quicksilver33 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    wat about hoarding that wat happening with the invites... there goes ur supply and demand logic

9. lex4ever
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

lex4ever , Jul 4, 2014 :
    No. Don't stop giving out invites. But OP staff can surely use some logic. Why give a person 5 invites, heck why even give him 2-3 invites when the person already bought the phone??

Give it to people who don't have the phone instead and you will have a happy supporter who has the phone to show off to other people..

But instead OP is giving out tons of invites to existing owners (at least 2 to 5 Invites each) and that's what causing this grey market sales and too much demand because too many invites are given out to people..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

vaibhavkapoor27 likes this.
  10. quicksilver33
    Froyo Jul 4, 2014

quicksilver33 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    why give even 2 invite .... if u make 1000 phones then give 1000 invites if someone doesnt use it in 1 week then give it to the next guy. if an invite system not a "how to be a wholeseller" system

11. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

It's not hoarding if you're given them to get rid of. It's taking advantage of having something that people find valuable.

12. Mas747
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

13. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2014

Maxximuscool , Jul 4, 2014 :
    LOL Marketing team is including => @Emmanuel Big THANK YOU!

Xyde likes this.
  14. docwon

docwon , Jul 4, 2014 :
    These people on EBay are selling potential invites. I would love to see OPO announce that due to the abuse of extra invites, they will no longer give them out.

vaibhavkapoor27 and Bigbrutis like this.
  15. Bigbrutis
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

That would be funny.

16. KrazyKing
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

lex4ever likes this.
  17. Da7oOoM_SA
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2014

18. MrIanB
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2014

MrIanB , Jul 4, 2014 :
    I picked up a white 16gb from Ebay yesterday and will be delivered on Monday. Still waiting for my invite here.

Ian B

19. Xyde
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2014

20. Wolfie05
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2014

Wolfie05 , Jul 4, 2014 :
    If there is some buyer, then there is some seller, that's eBay, baby, and there is nothing you can do about it, nothing! :D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

Gusgustav likes this.